Dropping in to say Hi!

Home Forums Member News Dropping in to say Hi!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

Finally have a few minutes to drop in and post a little. I've been reading all the posts each day but have been just too exhausted to write. We have had such hot, humid and wet weather for months...May was so wet, June was so wet the farmers could not even get the corn planted, July it rained every day but four and was the hottest July ever, and August was so hot and humid it was pathetic. We had six inches of rain from the Louisiana flooding that moved up our way...all in a day when we already were so wet.

We live between two rivers and they flooded badly from all the deluge. My husband drove to a baseball/softball game on 8/25 and he said the flooding was up to the corn ears in the fields. The corn is so damaged from all the constant rains and it blows down with much wind at all. The experts say the soybeans are at risk of blowing over, as well, before harvest and they have a rust disease due to the humidity and constant wet.

We don't have A/C and I have been so worn out from the heat that my energy has flagged severely. Meals have been a real challenge when my kitchen is 88F in the evening. I dream of days at 42F when I can run down our long driveway to the mailbox with no coat and in my flipflops.

I want to mention that Jozy and her Lee are having some very bad days and could use our prayers. She told me a few days ago she wished we had the old BC so we could offer prayers for those in need. Lee has day surgery on 9/12 and they have had bad test results so they are on needles and pins.

We have a little break in the humidity today but I would no call it cool. After tomorrow the dew point and humidity will be back to miserable.

I have a few posts I will try to reply to as soon as I find them.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Glad to see you pop in, you know we all worry about each other when people disappear for a week or more.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Thank you Sarah for letting members know how you are doing. As Mike says, we worry. My husband and I were in northern Indiana from mid-July through August 20, and while we had heat and humidity in the last couple of weeks, we did not have the really hideous stuff that Illinois has endured. I hope that the weather breaks soon. I'm ready for fall!

I've not "met" Jozy, but she and Lee will be in my prayers.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Sarah, it is SO good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear of your miserable weather. We just dodged Hermine with some winds, power outages and trees down. It went west of us so we avoided the damage you're seeing on TV. And the tide was going out. It's possible RandyD was hit hard.

I got an email today from jej asking if there was anything left of the BC. I gave her the info on this and the FB group. Hopefully she'll join us.

Sending healing prayers to Jozy. I'm sorry to hear

S_Wirth
            Participant

Carol...I have been watching and hoping for your safety during this storm system. Hoping RandyD's place didn't get ruined. Glad you had minimal damage.

I sent jej all the places back in May and have been hoping she would join us. I thought yesterday that I should tell her I got all of her nearly 100 BC recipes moved here. I had saved them long ago from the BC and sent them all to her in groups of five but I think she misplaced them or something.

I think it would do her a lot of good to mingle with us and feel a part of something good.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Maybe it's time for a followup-email to folks, I know Zen's site could use a boost and traffic here could be better, too.

BakerAunt
                Participant

At the moment, Luvpyrpom and I appear to be the ONLY people posting on Zen's site. It would be nice to get more cross traffic between the two sites, and each site has the potential of bringing people to the other one.

S_Wirth
                  Participant

I emailed RandyD and this is what he said about the storm:

Sarah, the eye went right over us but it the cool of the night had slowed
                    it just enough that our county and town escaped pretty much unharmed.
                    thanks so much for asking.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Glad to see you on here too Sarah.I don't know Lee & Jozy but will be praying for them also.

S_Wirth
                      Participant

Jozy was more active on the old BC as far as posting. She never did like the new BC and often emailed me for help finding things she needed or remembered but could not find herself. She emailed several others she enjoyed visiting with and always asked me to let her know if someone was having a hard time. She has a house in Seattle, WA and Lee has a house in Easton, WA up in the mountains, where they live most of the time.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I've tried going to Zen's site and can't get through.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.