Wonderful Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Wonderful Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Yesterday I tried "Best Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies" from the Bon Appetit website:

Oh, my, oh my. These are fabulous. Part of the secret is toasting the oats and the nuts (although I would cut back on the toasting time for the pecans by at least a minute (add them after 5 minutes not 4, so that they only toast for 3 minutes). The 2 Tbs. of maple syrup also attracted me to this recipe. The dough also rests for an hour at room temperature before baking. It calls for vanilla paste or vanilla, and I found THREE bottles of vanilla paste in my stash, so I opened one and used it. [Hey, I'm ready for the vanilla price increase!] These are large cookies. They said to drop with a 2-oz ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure. I used my 1/4 cup muffin scoop. Although they said the recipe makes 24, I only got 15. I did choose to use tart dried cherries instead of raisins (other choice is cranberries). My husband loves these and says I must definitely make them again. They are not overly sweet and could even be a breakfast cookie.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.