What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Luckily, my husband is a master at grilling. I don't know how to even turn on the grill, and 40 years ago I said I had no intention of learning!! He has a gas grill and a pellet smoker, and runs them off his Apple iWatch, while he sits inside with a gin and tonic. He grills outside all year round, (he has shoveled a path through 2 feet of snow on the deck) and can cook anything, from meats to veggies to pizza. And it is rare that anything isn't perfectly cooked. As I said, I'm so lucky!

cwcdesign
      Participant

Michael used to be the griller at our house, but when he got sick mid aughts, I had to take over or we wouldn't have anything grilled. Fortunately, he recovered and continued to grill until we lost him. When we moved here, I really wanted a grill, so my boys gave me a smaller Weber gas grill (that's what we always had) a Spirit E-210. It's just the right size for the patio. I still grill, but Will has taken to it like a fish to water. Although we would grill year round in Massachusetts. it's nice to have warmer temperatures all year for that. But, I still hate the heat in the summer.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made the Quinoa Summer Salad from the Penzey’s website. I reduce the oil from ½ to 1/3 cup, and I use Penzey’s Sandwich Sprinkle as the seasoning. I also add 5 oz. feta. My husband pan cooked boneless pork chops. (He may not grill like Chocomouses' husband, but hey, I accept his contribution!) We have plenty of leftovers for the next few dinners.

I also made another batch of yogurt.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had fish with broccoli again tonight. We found some Italian bottled lemon juice at Costco, and have been using it, it is very good, much better than ReaLemon.

Janiebakes
            Participant

Simple dinner tonight. A few stray veggies sauteed and scrambled with a couple of eggs. Served on corn tortillas crisped in the toaster and salsa verde.
              My husband also grills year round. He does a big batch of veggies and some meats. We freeze the meat in dinner portions, the grilled vegetables go fast.
              Mike, if they lemon juice you found is Volcano brand in the big green bottle, then I agree that it is much better than Real Lemon. That brand has always smelled kind of skunky to me.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

The brand on the lemon juice is Limmi, apparently.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had a pork loin I baked, mustard and turnips that were from the freezer already cooked,rice and gravy.

I do all the grilling or smoking at our house,my husband will clean out the charcoal pan and light the fire that's his part .

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork,green butter beans,stewed squash with lots of onion,and sliced tomatoes.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a hamburger, steamed red cabbage and mashed potato.

chocomouse
                      Participant

For dinner tonight, we had roasted asparagus and mushroom carbonara. It was delicious and quick to make, and is now added to my repertoire of asparagus meals.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Well, it is National Hamburger Day.

But we had potato leek soup from the freezer.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We had warmed leftover boneless pork chops on Rosetta buns and leftover quinoa salad.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had leftover pork loin that I chopped up for BBQ to eat on top of mashed potatoes and we had creamed corn.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be fairly cool, so I'm making French onion soup, probably the last batch of the spring. I've got 10 pounds of onions sliced up and caramelizing in the oven, that pretty much fills up a 12 quart stock pot until they reduce.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had taco salad tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.