What are you Cooking the week of March 24, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of March 24, 2019?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Last of the chili.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Hamburger on light bread and pickles.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches, a nice warm dish on a cold and rainy day.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had lavash pizza for supper, I was looking for something simple to make because I spent 4 hours taking a confection-making class this afternoon and was too tired to do anything complicated. I'll post something about the class in a day or two.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I googled that lavash bread Mike ...very interesting!

I had another hamburger tonight.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Once you have the lavash, which we can buy at the grocery, making a lavash pizza is easy. This is a 14" diameter lavash. (I've made lavash a few times, the trick is to get it rolled out really thin so it gets crisp.)

I put the lavash on a big sheet pan, I start with some chunks of havarti cheese, add some shredded mozzarella, then I put on 1 small can's worth of mushrooms and about 6 artichoke hearts that have been quartered. I didn't have any fresh tomatoes today, otherwise I'd have sliced it into thin slices and put them on as well. (The picture below is from one I made a few weeks ago.)

I throw it in the oven at 425 degrees for about 5 minutes to get everything warm, then switch to the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. We use a pizza cutter to cut it into six pieces.

Lavash Pizza

Joan Simpson
                Participant

That looks really good!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For Saturday night’s dinner, I used the rest of the rotisserie chicken plus a small can of chicken breast meat to make a stir-fry with yellow bell pepper, celery, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, green onion, and soba noodles.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.