What are you Cooking the Week of March 10, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 10, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Swiss Steak with some steamed broccoli tonight.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We had more of the Turkey, Butternut Squash, Farro and Kale Stew that I made on Friday.

chocomouse
        Participant

I made Duchess soup, and added chopped broccoli from the freezer.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'm getting ready to make a big pot of beef stock.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made chicken enchiladas with rice and green beans.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Repeat of venison chili and a hotdog.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had baked haddock and leftover salads.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We had leftover pan-cooked pork loin slices as sandwiches using the Len's buns I baked. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We split the last of the onion soup and then had salads. When I was cleaning out the freezer I found some frozen vegetable beef soup, so that'll be on the menu in the next day or two.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a pizza (red bell pepper, sausage, a little pepperoni and Greek olives) and a side of broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I made a new recipe for me and it was good Egg roll in a bowl and cooked in 30 minutes.I tried to place the recipe in the files I don't know if it worked ,I don't see it but here it is.

Egg roll in a bowl
                          1/4 cup soy sauce
                          1Tbsp.sesame oil ( I omitted)
                          1Tbsp. Avacoda oil (I omitted)
                          replaced both oils with canola oil
                          1 Tsp. minced garlic (I used the squeeze kind in a jar)
                          1Tsp. ginger paste
                          1 Tbsp hot honey I used regular honey
                          1 lb.-ground turkey
                          1-lb bag of coleslaw mix
                          Scramble turkey half way done add bag of coleslaw mix and sauce (just mix all sauce in a bowl) pour sauce over cabbage and turkey cook a little.Very good and cooked in 30 minutes.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

That sounds good, Joan. I looked, and your recipe is indeed in the recipe section!

We had more of the leftover Turkey, Butternut Squash, Farro, and Kale stew for dinner.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

The egg roll in a bowl recipe sounds interesting. With a few tweaks (like no garlic) it'd work for us and be pretty keto-friendly, too. I might use ground pork or ground beef, though.

chocomouse
                              Participant

That does sound good, Joan. I'd use the shredded cabbage for some crunch, but add a lot more veggies - shredded carrots, broccoli, onions, peppers, green beans, etc. The sauce is very similar to what I often use in my Korean dishes.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

As I continue to work on sorting through the freezer, I'm finding a lot of stuff to throw out or eat. I've got a lot of apple pie filling I need to find a use for. Pie crust isn't too bad in carbs, but the pie filling made with sugar is pretty high, though I may try making a batch with allulose in the fall.

Tonight we had vegetable beef soup from the freezer.

I also made another batch of custard, with a tweak in the recipe (more cream and more egg), and I made half of them as chocolate custard, though I'm tempted to call them pot de creme, since they've got a lot of cream in them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.