What are You Cooking the Week of June 25, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 25, 2017?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

To go with the chicken my husband is roasting for dinner, I will be sautéing diced celery and carrots and mixing it in with couscous cooked in some of the chicken/turkey broth that I have frozen. I may toast some almonds to sprinkle on top.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Cooked some BBQ pork ribs,sour cream mashed potatoes and fresh zipper peas.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I always love reading your menus, Joan. Now, if we could just arrange to taste food over the internet....

cwcdesign
          Participant

Joan, what are zipper peas?

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Cwcdesign zipper peas are just a small green field pea that is real easy to shell that's why they call them zipper peas and one of my favorites.Cooking some pink eye peas tonight with meatloaf and macaroni and cheese.Cleaned out the fridge yesterday and creamed 3 ears of corn,diced up some fresh tomatoes cooked with the corn then when that was done I added leftover speckled butter beans and zipper peas with okra let that cook slow and we had a good hearty small pot of thick vegetable soup.Bakeraunt that would be wonderful if we could do a taste test over the net 🙂 I enjoy reading every ones posts here too!

cwcdesign
              Participant

Interesting - I wonder if I can find them here on the coast. I have our favorite crockpot jambalaya cooking right now. It's been eons since I made it - we'll get a few days out of it. Then I'll roast a cauliflower I forgot that my bought last week.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I realized today that I did not post what I cooked on Saturday. I made another "throw-together" soup, using canned Spam (bacon one), onions, garlic, carrots, celery, some red bell pepper, about 3 cups white beans that I found in the freezer, and the rest of the black rice and the brown rice. These were combined with 8 cups of chicken/turkey stock and seasoned with sage and thyme. However, I did not get to sample it until the following Monday because I had to go check our building after flooding from the heavy rain Friday evening, and I went out to lunch with friends after church. This is the second time I've tried Spam in a soup. I'm just not impressed.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
                  Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I never developed a taste for Spam either. They love the stuff in Hawaii!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.