What are you Cooking the Week of July 2, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 2, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Maybe something on the grill again tonight, I've got ribs I'm prepping for the 4th.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

We had BLTs for dinner. It has rained steadily all day.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I think we're having melon and salami tonight, and probably salad. (We still have LOTS of lettuce from the Aerogarden and I'll need to pick it again later this week.)

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had the last of the turkey sandwich and fresh fruit.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We had salmon patties on the Whole Wheat/Rye/Semolina patties.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Tonight we had burgers on the grill, tomorrow I'm doing ribs on the grill though I may bring them inside for the wrap stage, especially if the air is starting to smell like gunpowder again. (It's that way now but it didn't really get noticeable until after the burgers were off the grill.)

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

The ribs were fall-apart done, juicy and flavorful, and we had potato salad to go with them. Diane even asked for a second serving of the potato salad, so it was a good batch.

I was reading a site yesterday that talked about the difference between competition ribs and ribs for dinner. Competition judges only take one or two bites of each rib, so it has to be a flavor bomb, but when you make ribs for dinner you want each rib to be one that makes you want another.

These were dinner ribs.

My dry rub consisted of brown sugar, mustard powder, ginger, nutmeg, some chipotle pepper, a little salt, some celery seed and celery salt. I used some mustard to dampen the ribs and hold the rub on, then let the ribs sit in the fridge overnight. 4 hours at 275 in the grill, then I brought them in for the wet wrap in the oven for another half hour.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I could use two bites or more of those ribs, Mike! We had Cowboy Caviar leftover from a 4th of July cookout. And we were treated to a nearby and long thunderstorm. However, it was sunny all day until about 6:30, our first sunshine in weeks.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

There's rain in the forecast for later this evening, might put a damper on some of the official fireworks celebrations.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had a hamburger and pickles with chips. We'd all love some of those ribs Mike.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

And the rains came! We've had well over an inch in the past hour, but it looks like it'll be over in another half hour or so. Somehow the fireworks shooting continues.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Bacon,eggs and toast.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Dinner was kebobs: chicken, green and orange bell pepper and onions, with roasted potatoes and marinated tomatoes with sliced onion. We've had sunshine all day with a high temp of 88!

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had steaks on the grill tonight, plus some of yesterday's potato salad.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had turkey and tomato sandwich with an ear of corn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.