What are you Cooking the week of April 21, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of April 21, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For lunch on Wednesday, I tried a Mark Bitman recipe for “More Vegetable Less-Egg Frittata.” It stuck a bit to the frying pan; next time I will prepare the egg mixture in advance. I used half a grated zucchini, leftover from another recipe, the last four mushrooms, and some green onion. I added a bit of brown rice, which may also have contributed to the sticking. I seasoned with 1 tsp. of Penzey’s Mural Seasoning. I used two eggs and 14 grams of grated 2% cheese. I had half for lunch, and I’ll warm up the other half for tomorrow’s lunch.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Left overs here tonight..I heated up spaghetti and meat sauce,made salad and garlic toast.

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner tonight was turkey-veggie soup, using up some veggies from the freezer. With it we had bacon-cheddar-chives biscuits.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Left-overs here, too.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Enrobed candy packed up and ready for tomorrow's brunch

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Joan Simpson
              Participant

Candy looks great Mike looks like butterfinger candy bar.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

It doesn't taste anything like a Butterfinger, though. No peanut flavor at all.

The CIA book I listed upthread has a recipe for Snickers-like and Milky Way-like candy bars. The chocolate nougat we made in the candy class I took a few weeks ago tasted a lot like the inside of a Milky Way. I never got around to enrobing any of it, I ate it straight out of the pan.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf,thickened potatoes and cooked carrots.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

After three days of delicious leftovers, Thursday's dinner will be salmon and couscous, with Penzey's Greek Seasoning, and microwaved frozen peas on the side.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by BakerAunt.
                      Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Taco salad today.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I’m enrobing what I can of what’s left of the sponge candy today, before it gets too humid and warm and the sponge turns to goo. After you enrobe it, it stabilizes the honeycomb a bit, thought it doesn’t tolerate heat well. (That’s why you generally don’t find it in stores during the summertime.)

There are a lot of really little pieces, so I’m going to try to make something like haystacks with them.

This recipe is as good as the commercial types of sponge candy I’ve had lately, though I do wonder how Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company gets theirs into nice rectangular bars. I will be making it again, but probably not until the fall.
                          1+

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Friday’s dinner consisted of chicken legs, seasoned with sage, thyme, and sweet curry powder, roasted on a rack. The cuts we had seemed odd and had a lot of fat. For a side dish, I used a leftover mixture of brown rice, which I combined with cooked millet, leftover from the bread I baked on Wednesday. I sautéed onion, celery, and carrots, and a package of mushrooms (I sliced). I added some lightly microwaved frozen peas. The rice-millet combination went in at the end. I liked including so many vegetables with the grains.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Dinner tonight was sliced Kielbase with sliced potatoes, onions, and sweet peppers cooked in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop. We also had a three-bean salad with onions and peppers.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I baked a pork tenderloin,green beans with new red potatoes and stewed squash.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had theatre tickets this afternoon to Something Rotten, so we had Blaze pizza on the way home, since it's about a block from the theatre.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.