What are you Baking the Week of October 8, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of October 8, 2023?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I made dough for another batch of cheese crackers, doubling the amount of cheese powder. I also added about a quarter cup of rye flour.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I look forward to hearing about the crackers, Mike.

Navlys--Did you use the King Arthur Blueberry Pie Bar recipe? I've baked it several times and loved it but have not baked it since I cut the butter in my baking to almost none.

The vegan almond cake is delicious. The texture is hard to describe. It is spongier than a regular cake but in a pleasant way. It would go well with berries. I will keep the recipe in case I have leftover almond milk. Probably it would work with regular milk or buttermilk as well.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I baked a batch of sandwich/burger buns. I normally make 8 buns, which comes out to about 97 grams each. Today I decided to try making 9 buns, they weighed in at 86 grams each. I didn't make any adjustments to the baking time as I wasn't sure if it would need it. They came out nice, a golden brown. I tempted one of them and it came in at 205 degrees, which is what I expected.

buns

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Joan Simpson
          Participant

Good looking buns Len.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Thank you, Joan!

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I baked three pumpkin pies today 2 were for my sister in law to take to Church tomorrow and I'm taking the other one to my best friends tomorrow.They all turned out looking good.Now I still have a small amount of filling left I need to make more pie crust or just bake it in a pie plate or custard cups.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I baked three loaves of my Whole Wheat Oat Bran Bread on Saturday. We had to subsist on a store-bought loaf these last few days, since we arrived home on Thursday and did not have any bread thawed. If there had been a bakery along the way, I would have bought a loaf there.

Joan--Are the people you treat to your pumpkin pies surprised to learn that you make them with your own pumpkin puree? When I tell people that I do, and that is why the pies are so good, they are amazed.

Len--let me second Joan's admiration for your lovely pan of buns. When I make your recipe, I usually make ten buns because we like them smaller--and I need an even number for the two of us.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I haven't made pumpkin pie in several years, I do sweet potato pie instead, similar flavor profile and IMHO easier to make.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.