What are you Baking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of August 14, 2022?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Well, my wife is allergic to garlic, so that won't be an option here.

I used the pizza dough recipe that's in the KAF pizza school emails:

300 grams flour (I used a combination of KAF AP and BRM pastry flour since I don't have their 00 pizza flour)
      222 grams water
      1.5 tsp yeast
      1 tablespoon oil (The recipe calls for olive oil, but I used a canola/soy blend)
      1 teaspoon salt

That's about 74% hydration, and it was pretty slack, but you roll it out using semolina and that would lower the final hydration number, probably into the 60's. I'm planning to make pizza on the grill again over the weekend, I'll weigh a piece of dough before and after I roll it out to see how much additional flour got added. (My wife would like to know that for carb counting anyway.)

We've been doing lavosh pizza in the winter a lot, I use a combination of mozzarella and havarti cheese on it.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I do understand reluctance to change what they already like to eat, my wife has several breads she doesn't like me to tinker with.

But pizza on the grill is enough different from other pizza that it's an open book for changes.

We used to get a really good thin crust pizza from a pizzeria near us in Evanston 50 years ago, their crust and sauce were completely different from anyone else's. Unfortunately, it closed, so reproducing it from a 1970's memory is probably an impossible challenge.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.