What are you Baking the Week of August 1, 2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of August 1, 2021?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Happy Anniversary BakerAunt!

cwcdesign
      Participant

Happy Anniversary, BakerAunt! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your day!

RiversideLen
        Participant

Happy Anniversary BakerAunt!

chocomouse
          Participant

Happy Anniversary to both of you, BakerAunt! Ours is the day after tomorrow, our 53rd. August was a good month for marriages: our daughter's is tomorrow, her 24th, and our son's is next week, his 21st. May yours be long and happy.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Happy Anniversary, Chocomouse! 53 years, that's great!

kimbob
              Participant

Not much time to bake but managed to make a blueberry crumb cake. Gave half to my friend.

navlys
                Participant

I'm late to the party but Happy Anniversary to everyone married in August! August is not usually a rainy month but it can get hot and humid. And no snow!!! So Celebrate!

skeptic7
                  Participant

Happy Anniversary.

I did Jane Brody's Pumpkin-Rye bread again, just a single load's worth without any molasses. I think it came out well, but I haven't had any feed back. I made it for a friend who is diabetic. I also did a sugarless pumpkin cream cheese spread to go with the pumpkin-rye bread.

I also made maple-walnut granola in the slow cooker. It cooked on low for around 4 hours, and was probably over cooked. Its has a slightly smoked/charred taste. Next time I'll try to cook for around three hours.

I'm starting the sponge to to the Dessert Rye Focaccio recipe tomorrow. I'm going to let the sponge sit for around 18-24 hours to see if it gets sour enough to compensate for the lack of a sour dough starter.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Happy Anniversary Chocomouse!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.