What are you Baking the Week of April 24, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of April 24, 2022?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I made "Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars" . I've made these many times in the past but haven't made them in a while. I subbed 1/2 cup of maple syrup for all the sugars and doubled up on the milk and oil. For the fruit I used KAF Fruitcake Blend, also added a handful of walnuts and about 3/4 of a bag of chocolate chunks that I wanted to finish as they are a couple of months past their best use date. I also subbed a half cup of whole wheat for an equal amount of AP.

oat-bars

I also used Bob Red Mills extra thick oats.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Looks scrumptious, Len.

On Saturday, I baked a loaf of Pumpernickel Rye Bread, adapted from the King Arthur Sandwich Rye Bread. I tried double-panning it (using the hearth pan) to keep the bottom from overbrowning, but the double pan kept the bottom too light, so I removed one pan and baked another 8 minutes to get the correct internal temperature. I hope USA will make the hearth pan again. The ones I have are by some other manufacturer and are dark in color and thinner.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I second BakerAunts comment on your bars Len...yummy!

RiversideLen
          Participant

Thank you BakerAunt and Joan, I had one for dessert and I see an easy breakfast for the next several days.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.