Walnut Brewery Beer Bread and Asiago Cheese Dip by Uninvited Guest

Home Forums Recipes Walnut Brewery Beer Bread and Asiago Cheese Dip by Uninvited Guest

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Walnut Brewery Beer Bread and Asiago Cheese Dip
      Submitted by uninvited-guest on February 19, 2011 at 11:43 pm

No trip to Boulder, CO is complete without stopping by the brewery for lunch and this great appetizer.
      Yield: 8 L Servings
      Source: Walnut Brewery, Boulder Colorado

1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
      1 cup green onions, sliced
      3/4 cup (5 1/4 oz.) sugar
      2 T. (1 oz.) salt
      1 quart beer
      8 cups (2 1/4 lbs.) AP flour
      2 T. (1 oz.) baking powder
      oil, as needed

Asiago Cheese Dip:
      1 cup mayonnaise
      1 cup sour cream
      1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded Asiago cheese
      1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
      1/4 cup green onions, sliced
      1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced

Bread:
      Spray loaf pans with oil spray. Mix cheese, green onions, sugar and salt together. Mix flour and baking soda together. Add beer to cheese mixture. Add flour mixture until all thoroughly combined by hand. Place in prepared loaf pan and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. If you have a convection oven, keep fans on for this baking period. Rotate bread and finish baking (with fan off) for 40 to 45 minutes. Makes two large loaves.

Dip:
      Reconstitute sun-dried tomatoes in water. Clean, rinse and slice green onions. Rinse and slice mushrooms. Squeeze water from the tomatoes, then julienne into fine strips.

Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup of Asiago cheese, green onions, and mushrooms. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Place into even-proof container, top with tablespoon of grated Asiago cheese.

Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot with toasted beer bread.

I like to toast slices, and cut in half, top to bottom for serving. Spread the dip on the toast, or you can even dip tortilla chips in it... it's just really good stuff. I will often add more Asiago to the dip, but it really isn't needed, I just usually shred more than what the recipe calls for, and rather than store it, I just toss it in!

comments

Submitted by cwcdesign on Sun, 2011-02-20 22:41.
      I've added to my box and look forward to trying the recipes. I think it will be a big hit in my house full of males.

Submitted by Cindy846 on Sun, 2011-02-27 19:12.
      It sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Submitted by IcksPigeon on Thu, 2011-03-10 15:01.
      Thank you for your recipe and comment, I will try this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.