Million Dollar Chocolate Chip Cookies by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Million Dollar Chocolate Chip Cookies by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Million Dollar Chocolate Chip Cookies
      Submitted by cwalde on October 07, 2004 at 1:13 pm

I found this recipe posted on the Circle on 4/19/2002 and it was submitted by Moomie. This same recipe with less brown sugar and nuts won 2nd place out of over 150 entries in the Seattle Times contest this year 2004, (sent to me from Jozy). I am posting the lesser amounts in the recipe, too. Personally I like larger amounts of milk chocolate, brown sugar, and nuts like Moomie's recipe better, but they are both great cookies. I also don't think that it's necessary to chill the dough like Moomie posted or to flatten them into disks so I will leave that one out and post my instructions. The cookies are beautiful and look very professional. My family loves them and since there is so much oatmeal in them, they are much more healthy than an ordinary chocolate chip cookie. This recipe makes a lot but my family doesn't mind one bit in the least. They freeze wonderfully. Cheryl

5 cups oatmeal
      4 cups AP flour
      1 tsp. salt
      2 tsp. baking soda
      2 tsp. baking powder
      2 cups (1 pound) butter, softened
      2 cups sugar
      1 3/4-2 cups brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like them)
      4 eggs
      2 tsp. vanilla
      24 oz. (4c) semisweet chocolate chips
      1 Hershey bar (7 oz.), cut into small chunks, or 1 1/2 c milk chocolate chips, Moomie's instructions call for 8 oz. and I cut chunks from a block of Ghirardelli milk chocolate
      2 1/2 - 3 c finely chopped walnuts or pecans (I like pecans)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grind oatmeal to a fine flour in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
      Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.

Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar in an extra-large bowl. Mix in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla.

Alternately add flour mixture and ground oatmeal, stirring after each addition. Add chocolate and nuts. It's a stiff dough and I end up mixing at the end with my hands.

Drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet with a medium cookie scoop for a perfect shape.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 12-13 minutes, (13 minutes for me). Transfer to racks to cool. Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.