“Lost” Recipes

Home Forums General Discussions “Lost” Recipes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are in the process of clearing out the apartment over our garage (the place where we lived during renovation on the house two years ago) as a prelude to a partial renovation of it. That means moving everything out, and stacking it around the house. Sigh. I came across a large pile of recipes that I had printed in the past, some of which are from the Baking Circle. I am going to check to see if any of those recipes are here at Nebraska Kitchen. If not, then I will type them in. I started with a Blonde Brownies recipe from weedsnstitches, which I think was in a Baking Circle thread rather than in the recipe section. The thread seems to date from when Mrs. Cindy's niece, Clare, was hospitalized after a serious accident. Cindy was planning to visit her and wanted a blonde brownie recipe.

Memories.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Sounds like a great find, maybe a gold mine. I still wish I could make contact with Zen, she said she had the full recipe archives from KAF downloaded.

BakerAunt
        Participant

So far, I have found a couple of recipes that were posted on the Baking Circle. However, both appear to have come from cookbooks.

One is for Pulla Bread, posted by tuulikkii. However, it states that it is from The Finnish Cookbook, by Beatrice Ojakangas.

Another recipe, "Judy's Fluffy Cracked Wheat Bread," posted by ljgriffith, states that it is from More Bread Machine Magic.

I'm not sure that I should add recipes from other cookbooks, even if they were posted on the Baking Circle. However, there are some recipes that are here from the BC that did come from such sources.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I have added a coconut cake recipe, first posted on the Baking Circle by ibbibud, then re-posted by naughtysquirrel. (I assume the first posting must have vanished.)

BakerAunt
            Participant

I have added Blueberry Pound Cake, by ElaineL.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I added another four recipes that I had printed from the Baking Circle that were not here at Nebraska Kitchen. I have at least one more--for a mincemeat cookie--that is from an Old Baking Circle thread--to post. I am still sorting through recipes so I will continue adding any that I find that are not yet here.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Thanks for your continuing efforts to find lost recipes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.