Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of July 3, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of July 3, 2016?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

It was not an interesting cooking week since it was so hot. On Tuesday, I made Dilled Salmon and Couscous (recipe on this site) for dinner. On Wednesday I made Sloppy Josephines. On Friday, I bought a rotisserie chicken, because after a record high for July of 109F the previous day, and only somewhat cooler the next, cooking in the evening was not in the game plan.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I did more baking than usual so I didn't cook much. The most exciting unexciting meal I made was my mom's baked chicken. Before church, she would cover bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts with salt. They baked while we were gone. Not sure what temperature she used, but I bake them at 350 degrees and would never leave them in for more than an hour. I use a liberal amount of seasoned salt on mine instead of plain salt.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

I made Teriyaki Chicken Wings - I have a basic recipe where you bake the chicken wings in the oven and then sauté in pan with whatever flavor one's interested in. The original recipe was a honey sriracha sauce but I wanted to try teriyaki as I had kids over and they weren't into spicy foods. I also made Mochiko Chicken in honor of National Fried Chicken Day. I haven't made that in years and forgot how good it tasted. And then I see the pot of leftover frying oil - sigh, now I remember why I don't fry at home anymore.

rottiedogs
          Participant

More grilling - burgers, brats, polish and italian sausage with peppers. I made a bunch of salads - potato, pasta, caesar and tomato. Lots of leftovers this time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.