Cheesecake Tips by cwalde from a BC Thread

Home Forums Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle Cheesecake Tips by cwalde from a BC Thread

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Cheesecake Tips
      Submitted by cwalde on April 29, 2005 at 2:27 pm

I am saving these tips from a previous post that I did because there is always someone that wants to cure the cracking problem in cheesecakes. Next time I will be able to find my post!

The reason that a cheesecake cracks is that it cools faster on the edges than in the middle and this causes it to pull from the middle and cause cracks. I have several tips that I use and I never ever have a crack if I follow these tips.

First, make sure that all your ingredients are room temperature.

Next, when mixing them, do not over mix as it will change the consistency of the eggs.

I never use a hot water bath, but instead place a large pan of hot water on the lower rack and get the same effect without losing the crunch in the crust. It really makes a difference and it's easier, too.

Next, when the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and remove the cheesecake. Run a knife around the outside of the cake. Then, loosen the rim and tighten it back up again.

Place the cheesecake back into the oven and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Leave the cheesecake in there for 1 hour to cool slowly.

After one hour, place the cheesecake on the counter to cool completely before refrigerating. I refrigerate overnight before serving. Hey, these tips are fail proof. Hope you have success!

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.