What are You Cooking the Week of March 4, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 4, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We have plenty of leftover chicken and vegetables for dinner tonight, but for those of you cooking on this Sunday, here is this week's thread.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made a 2.4 pound tri-tip roast today, I sprayed it with oil, dusted it with a little basil, pepper and onion powder, and roasted it at 425 until it was 145 at the center.

The hardest part was figuring out which way the grain went so I knew which direction to slice it. 🙂

I got enough drippings to make some gravy. Gravy without salt is kind of flat, though.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Monday night's dinner was one of my stir-together dinners. I started with chopped orange bell pepper and sliced mushrooms, which I sautéed in grapeseed oil. I cut the rest of the chicken into small pieces and added it, then broccoli florets. I had frozen the drippings from about ten days ago, when we had roast chicken legs with maple syrup and sweet potatoes. I skimmed off the fat and added it to the vegetables. I cooked soba noodles and tossed them with the meat and vegetables. I added sliced green onion right before serving.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: comma error
          Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had fried bacon,steamed cabbage with fried bacon,macaroni and cheese and corn bread.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

last night I boiled a chicken and used half for chicken -n-dumplings and a side of garden peas.Tonight I baked a pork tenderloin,sides of baked potatoes and green beans.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For dinner tonight, I'm making soup, mostly on the wood stove--a good recipe for a cold day that has had intermittent snow. I started by sautéing a package of ground turkey in a bit of olive oil, then added some chopped onion and celery, then sliced mushrooms. I peeled, then diced a butternut squash and added it. I had a container of about 6 cups turkey stock from the freezer. I used the Bob's Red Mill Vegi-Soup mixture of lentils, split green peas, and split yellow peas with barley (1 1/3 cups). I added an additional 1/3 cup pearl barley. I seasoned with 1 tsp. rubbed sage. I moved the covered pot to the wood stove at this point, and it should be ready in an hour. It will go nicely with the cheese crackers I baked yesterday.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
                • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
                chocomouse
                Participant

I made clam chowder for dinner. It is snowing quite heavy now, and we are predicted to get 12-18 inches by the time the storm ends tomorrow night. I had leftover hamburg-macaroni soup for lunch. It's soup weather!

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I made some sirloin steak, I had mine with mushroom, a baked potato and salad, my wife had hers sliced and on bread, plus a salad.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had chicken potpie with the rest of the left over chicken.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had sliced tri-tip beef on a salad, as I'm trying to use up the last of the tri-tip. I've got an eye of round that I'll make over the weekend.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had Oyster stew.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Friday night dinner is Salmon with Dill and Couscous. I like the recipe, but I do wish that I could persuade my husband to eat different salmon recipes.

luvpyrpom
                            Participant

This week we had braised beef shank w/daikon radish, ground pork w/lotus root stir-fry, copycat Whole Foods curry chicken salad, sauteed Napa cabbage w/ham and rice noodles. I find that the Costco roasted cashews are a bit too salty so I bought their unroasted and unsalted cashews, roasted them on my own at home and then mixed the two together.

wonky
                              Participant

Tonight, home made sloppy joe's (can't stand Manwich) on home made hamburger buns, with potato salad and calico beans.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight I made fried cubed pork with thickened potatoes and garden peas and carrots.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.