What are You Cooking the Week of March 4, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 4, 2018?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

We had roast turkey, dressing, baked potato, and squash. Now we'll be eating turkey sandwiches for a few days.

cwcdesign
      Participant

On Thursday I made a Thai noodle salad that we like and it makes a lot. I decided that instead of mixing all the various parts together I would keep them separate in the fridge so we could create our own proportions. I put all the vegetables in a ziplock bag and a double batch of peanut dressing in a jar. I used linquini instead of rice noodles which worked better as far as we’re concerned. I doubled the amount of chicken breasts and learned that next time I will slice them into cutlets and marinate them longer - the marinade did not have enough time to seep into the chicken - it was dry. There is still enough for dinner tonight.

I also tried a low carb recipe for baked spaghetti squash and spinach. I thought maybe it was time to try spaghetti squash again. Nope, although it was edible, I was very disappointed. I roasted it in halves and then squeezed out most of the liquid as recommended, made the cheese sauce and mixed everything together as recommended. I did have to add more salt and pepper to the sauce as it was kind of bland. I also covered it with grated Parmesan per the recipe. I was surprised that it came out watery but I think that was because the spinach was uncooked - the photo looked much thicker which is why I tried it. It was very bland and I realized that that was because spaghetti squash is bland and watery even if you squeeze out the liquid. So, needless to say, I won’t be cooking spaghetti squash again - I’ll stick to butternut and acorn.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

No cooking here tonight, Tacos from local Mexican restaurant.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.