milk st magazine

Home Forums General Discussions milk st magazine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

As much as I like the magazine I don't want to pay $29 for an annual subscription. I signed up for the $5 trial offer and didn't realize in 3 months I would be charged the annual fee. I did go on their web site and was able to cancel but if I hadn't checked my credit card bill I could have cancelled too late or not at all. Buyer always be ware!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

You also have to be careful going on websites to order stuff you see advertised on TV, they'll throw all sorts of options at you, all of which will wind up costing you more than the price they advertised on TV, for 'expedited delivery' or 'premium model' or something else.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Cooks Illustrated does this as well. Usually, any "free trial," asks for a credit card number--and then it must be canceled if you decide not to continue. My standing rule is not to do free trials. I did get a free issue of Milk Street in the mail. I decided that it is one of those magazines that I'd only buy as a single issue if a recipe or two really caught my eye. That's now my rule for Cooks Illustrated as well. I have plenty of back copies to browse!

RiversideLen
          Participant

"Free trials" would be more accurately described as "Delayed billing". I too don't take the bait.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.