Fri. Oct 9th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 2,652 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 3, 2026? #49193
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I made a pork roast yesterday. Tonight I made eggplant parm and had it with leftover pork and a salad.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 3, 2026? #49170
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        The last two nights I pulled some meatballs from the freezer and had it with spaghetti. Last night I had it with green beans and carrot and tonight I had it with a salad.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 3, 2026? #49155
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Sunday, my brother came over and I made salad and pizza. Sausage, green pepper and mushrooms. It was really good.

          Not sure what tonight will be, I'm in the middle of doing some yard work so I think I'll be looking for an easy option.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49131
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            Yesterday I cooked a couple of boneless chicken breasts. Tonight I'm having the leftover one with a little spaghetti and a salad.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49120
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              Nice looking tomatoes, Mike.

              Tonight I had a hamburger, baked potato and a salad.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49113
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                ItalianCook, thanks for the compliment!

                I freeze the dough after the first rise. I measure it by weight, form into a ball, put the ball in between a sheet of lightly oiled parchment paper, then I press down on it with a lightweight cutting board (a skillet or fry pan would work just as good) to form it into a hockey puck style disc. You could freeze it as a ball, but the disc will thaw faster. Then I tuck the overhanging parchment under and place it in a freezer bag. Sometimes I thaw it overnight in the fridge, sometimes I just pull it out and put it on a counter the day I bake it. Once thawed, I'll put it in between 2 sheets of lightly oiled parchment paper, press it out some more (that's one of the ways I get it to be round) and then roll it out to the desired size. It doesn't matter too much if it's cold or room temp although room temp will be a little easier. After it's rolled out, I keep it covered on the counter until I'm ready for it. Before I sauce it, if I remember, I dock it to prevent the crust from bubbling.

                I hope this helps.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49104
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made pizza and salad. The pizza had Italian sausage, red onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. I thought about putting eggplant on it too, but then I thought I had enough veggies.

                  Salad-n-Pizza

                  Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 19, 2026? #49103
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    Those look yummy, Kimbob!

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 12, 2026? #49017
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I'm continuing to forage through my freezers, I wanted spaghetti and meatballs but I have some Bubba Burger patties that have been in there for a couple of years, so it was spaghetti and a burger patty. Not bad at all.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking for the Week of April 5, 2026? #49011
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        Sorry about your fall, BA.

                        Today I made stir fry using celery, carrot, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, leftover pork roast and a couple of shrimp. Had it with rice.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 5, 2026? #49008
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          It was leftovers for me, pork roast, the last of the eggplant parm along with fresh sugar snap peas and carrots.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking for the Week of April 5, 2026? #49002
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            Yesterday, I made eggplant parm and had it with a hamburger.

                            A few days ago, I pulled a pork roast from the freezer that's been in there for about a year and a half. I roasted it today, it was fine. I had a pork roast sandwich, cauliflower and some leftover eggplant parm.

                            I have a lot of stuff in the freezer that I need to start rotating out.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 29, 2026? #48973
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              For breakfast today, I made chocolate waffles with oats. I used Arrowhead Mills pancake and waffle mix and added a half cup of oats and a quarter cup of cocoa powder. Delicious with a fair dose of pure maple syrup!

                              Have enough left for tomorrow.

                              Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 29, 2026? #48970
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                Joan, that cake looks fine to me!

                                Earlier in the week I made pizza with eggplant, sausage, bell pepper and mushrooms. I thin sliced the eggplant and then brushed it with oil and baked it until tender. Then, when making the pizza, I put a layer of sauce on the crust, then the eggplant, then topped it with more sauce. Eggplant and sauce goes together very well.

                                Eggplnt-Pizza

                                I didn't take a pic after it was baked because I was hungry! I had enough for two days. But I had some sausage and another small eggplant on hand, so I made eggplant parm. Again, I first baked the thin slices until they were tender. I had it pasta and had enough for two days.

                                eggplnt-parm

                                Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 15, 2026? #48843
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  Happy Birthday, Kimbob! That pizza sounds interesting!

                                  I made pizza today, using the dough recipe from ATK for Chicago style thin crust. That's really a good recipe. In place of the water, I used leftover beer from a couple of days ago. Also subbed in some whole wheat (about a third) and some semolina (about 15%). It took the substitutions very well. I used 25% of the dough for tonight's pizza. I will probably make another one tomorrow and freeze half the dough for later use.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 2,652 total)