Fri. Oct 9th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 2,652 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Thermoworks scale #49360
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I love the Thermoworks thermometers. That scale is a little pricey for me. I have an Oxo that I love.

      in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of May 24, 2026? #49358
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        Kimbob, those cupcakes look great, I want a couple of them!

        Very good looking pizza, Mike. Pizza is always good!

        Joan, I'm sorry about your dog, losing a pet is hard, they become part of your family.

        I think people become attached to dogs more than any other animal in the world.

        in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49311
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          I'm lucky that this guy can't reach my tomato plants!

          Wabbit

          Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          in reply to: What are You Cooking the Week of May 24, 2026? #49309
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I had a salad consisting of lettuce, tomato, shredded carrot, cucumber, avocado and sliced pork loin.

            in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49300
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              That's a lot of tomatoes, Mike. Do you can the excess?

              CWC, I checked Gesthemane's delivery zones, I'm not in there. That's too bad because I wouldn't mind getting some stuff from them.

              It's been a little over 2 weeks since I planted my garden, everything is looking good. Tomatoes, bell peppers, parsley, and basil.

              gardenmay26‑1

              gardenmay26‑2

              Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 17, 2026? #49285
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I had some of the ragu with mashed potato, green beans and carrots.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 17, 2026? #49269
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made a beef ragu with a chuck roast in my Instant Pot. It came out pretty good. Had it with fresh green beans and pasta.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 17, 2026? #49262
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    Thanks, everyone.

                    Tonight I made a stir fry with the remaining sausage, green beans, green bell pepper, snow peas and a carrot.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 17, 2026? #49253
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      As I continue to go through my freezer, I found a beef sausage that had been there for 3 years. So I sliced it, browned it off and then added mushrooms (from frozen), carrots, a red bell pepper, tomato, a few shrimp, a little chicken broth and tomato paste. Had it with pasta, it was pretty tasty.

                      sausage

                      Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 10, 2026? #49237
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        ItalianCook, I hope your husband gets better soon. Back problems can be difficult.

                        I'm going to have a burger and salad tonight.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 10, 2026? #49236
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I only have some store bought rye bread on hand and I want a burger for dinner so I'm making ww/semolina/rye buns today.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 10, 2026? #49226
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I pulled a duck out from the freezer the other day and today I disjointed it and cooked it on the BBQ. Had it with noodles and cauliflower and carrots.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 10, 2026? #49222
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              Sorry for your loss, Joan.

                              As I continue to work my way through my freezer, I came across a couple of links of Italian sausage from June, '24. So I had Italian sausage and pasta the last two nights. Tonight I am having a hamburger, oven baked fries, green beans and carrots.

                              in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49203
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                Cwc, one of my neighbors noticed that my container was unused the past couple of years and offered to buy it from me. I had an extra and gave it to her with the request that she get the plants for me. She got them from a local hardware store. They had just put them out and looked pretty nice.

                                I didn't know about Gesthemane so I looked it up. It looks interesting.

                                in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49194
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I haven't done a veggie garden in a few years. But I'm doing one this year. I use "self watering" containers. Today I planted tomatoes (Roma, Early Girl and Champion), bell peppers, parsley and basil.

                                  garden

                                  I also want to plant a couple winter squash, Buttercup. I have the seeds, am thinking about a good spot for it.

                                  Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 2,652 total)