Sat. Oct 3rd, 2026

chocomouse

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 2,758 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40881
    chocomouse
    Participant

      Double the batch and pour it over ice cream!

      in reply to: 2023 Garden Plans #40878
      chocomouse
      Participant

        It snowed here this afternoon off and on for about an hour, but it didn't stick. I looked out at one point and saw two horses about 3 feet from my window! Not ours, not our nearest neighbors, nor the ones down the road a bit. My husband stood at the top of our driveway, preventing them from getting back up the hill to the main road, for over an hour while we tried to find out who owned them. Eventually, someone identified the owner who came and walked them home. They did cut some of our lawn for us!

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40877
        chocomouse
        Participant

          We had liver with sauteed onions, roasted squash, and a green salad.

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40871
          chocomouse
          Participant

            Today I made a pan of blondies with fresh cranberries and white chocolate chips.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40870
            chocomouse
            Participant

              We had spaghetti squash filled with marinara sauce, sliced sausage, chunks of onions and peppers, and topped with cheddar and mozzarella, with a green salad.

              in reply to: 2023 Garden Plans #40863
              chocomouse
              Participant

                We had our first frost/freeze last night, 25*. The green and yellow beans are done, but it looks like the lettuce will be OK. It usually does survive a few frosts, although 25 is pretty much a hard freeze.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40862
                chocomouse
                Participant

                  I had a Zoom book club meeting so just snacked on cheese and crackers. My husband had to fend for himself with whatever leftovers he could find in the fridge.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023? #40855
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

                    We had pork chops with sliced onions, asparagus from the freezer, and cole slaw.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 22, 2023? #40839
                    chocomouse
                    Participant

                      We had grilled salmon, the last of the green and yellow beans from the deck, roasted butternut squash tossed in oil and maple syrup, and a green salad with lettuce also from the deck.

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of October 22, 2023? #40828
                      chocomouse
                      Participant

                        I made 2 loaves of semolina rye bread today. I ran out of both semolina and pumpernickel so had to make a quick run to the KAF store! I ran into my sister buying scone mix and pancake mix!

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of October 22, 2023? #40826
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

                          Today I made maple cornbread, using both maple sugar and maple syrup. I don't have a recipe for this, I just put in a scoop or two of sugar and a pour of the syrup, so it comes out different each time. This time it was little crumbly, but tasty.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 22, 2023? #40825
                          chocomouse
                          Participant

                            Our dinner was baked sausage links and apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon, cole slaw and maple cornbread.

                            in reply to: 2023 Garden Plans #40824
                            chocomouse
                            Participant

                              We've not had a frost yet, so we're still picking green beans and lettuces and raspberries. However, it looks like that will end after Tuesday night's low. The garden is cleaned up, just waiting now for the leaves and grass from the last mow of the season to spread over it. All the pots on the deck are inside, and the planters cleaned up except for one of lettuces and one of beans. I will trim the pots of herbs and then transplant or root some of them, although I will plant seeds of some. I am really looking forward to next summer's garden!

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of October 15, 2023? #40739
                              chocomouse
                              Participant

                                Today I made a double batch of Duchess soup with ham and potatoes, to take on an extended trip. It filled 2 quart mason jars and will serve 4 of us for 2 meals, with onion-wild rice rolls that I made last week. I also had about a pint leftover, now in the refrigerator.

                                Diner was meatloaf, baked potato, and fresh green beans from the deck for my husband, so he will have meatloaf sandwiches while I am gone. I had tilapia with leftover roasted veggies and green beans.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of October 15, 2023? #40737
                                chocomouse
                                Participant

                                  BakerAunt, I'm always annoyed with KAF! You probably haven't noticed, but unless you are ordering online (and having the goods shipped to you) that the sales don't apply. Since I live just 10 miles from the store, it would be ridiculous and wasteful, for me and the environment, to have something shipped to me instead of picking it up when I go by the store. And any "savings" would be spent on shipping.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 2,758 total)