What are you Baking the Week of November 5, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of November 5, 2023?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I made hamburger buns today.

chocomouse
      Participant

I'm searching for an old recipe, from the 70s, called Dutch Apple Pie, I believe. It used a can of Dutch apple pie filling, which had raisins in it. but is no longer on the grocery shelves. There was no crust. It was more like a custard. This "pie" was baked in a casserole (I used the old blue flowered Pyrex deep dish about 6" square). It was delicious. But I cannot find my recipe in my old-fashioned recipe box. Has anyone here made this or have anything similar? I'd appreciate help locating this, thanks.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I don't find a Dutch apple pie recipe that is crustless, but I do find Swedish apple pie recipes that are crustless, though I didn't see one with raisins in it.

chocomouse
          Participant

Today I baked 2 loaves of whole wheat oatmeal bread and also made cheesecake. It is chocolate graham crust, baked and spread with raspberry jam. The filling is chocolate, to which I added a couple tablespoons of Torani raspberry syrup. I also swirled the rest of the jam into the filling. I have always greased the springform pans, but the recipe I used for the making the crust said not to grease it. So I did not. But the crust is stuck to the pan pretty tight! From now on I will spray the pans. I used two 7-inch springform pans, as usual, and one slides perfectly into a gallon zip-lock bag to go into the freezer.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Chocomouse--the cheesecakes sound delicious. Phooey on the recipe author for saying not to grease the pans!

I baked a Pumpkin Pecan Loaf Cake Friday evening, using the Nordic Ware Pumpkin and Wheat Stalks pan. The recipe came with the pan, but I have adjusted it by using some whole wheat pastry flour, adding some milk powder, reducing the oil, and reducing the granulated sugar. I also omit the raisins, as I do not care for them in pumpkin bread. This time, I checked the internal temperature with my trusty instant thermometer. The cake will rest overnight, and we will start slicing it tomorrow.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.