What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think I'm going to do a pot roast for supper tonight, it's cold outside and that's a good cold-weather supper.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The pot roast was delicious, possibly the best one I've made, though I'm not sure what, if anything, I did differently.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I had leftover steak and mushrooms and onions.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made pork chops, rice and broccoli.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had pork chops with sliced onions, asparagus from the freezer, and cole slaw.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I was able to buy Rubinette apples from a local vendor a couple of weeks ago. These are the perfect apples for the filling for the Butterscotch Apple Sweet Rolls that I baked a couple of weeks ago, using some filling from Rubinette apples that I had frozen last year. On Monday, I made and froze filling for two future batches of these sweet rolls. I did not have quite enough for a full third batch, so I made a smaller amount of about 2 cups, which I will also freeze. I plan to try it in a braided sweet bread recipe.

For dinner tonight, we had salmon and couscous with Greek seasoning and the last of the green beans from our garden. Tonight, our area will be below freezing, so my husband picked the rest of the squash and the green tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

It's Monday, so we had mac & cheese. ๐Ÿ™‚

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Stewed squash,black eyed peas and cucumber salad.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I had a Zoom book club meeting so just snacked on cheese and crackers. My husband had to fend for himself with whatever leftovers he could find in the fridge.

navlys
                      Participant

We had sticky honey lime chicken which I baked in the oven with acorn squash and baked potatoes. Everything baked at the same temperature which made things easy!

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I made yogurt on Tuesday. Dinner tonight will be leftover pizza and coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had a steak and cucumber salad.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had spaghetti squash filled with marinara sauce, sliced sausage, chunks of onions and peppers, and topped with cheddar and mozzarella, with a green salad.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

No cooking tonight, we were invited to the dinner held by the wine teacher at the end of the term, at the Lincoln Country Club. (The LCC has always been one of the best restaurants in town, its reputation remains intact.)

Dinner was four courses, each paired with a wine: seafood, salad, meat and dessert.

I thought the dessert was the star of the show.

The menu described it as "baked apple + strudel filling + bourbon caramel sauce".

It was like an individual size jalousie, braided puff pastry and a filling of apples and caramel bourbon sauce, Very good, and something I think I may have to try to experiment with making.

navlys
                                Participant

Please do experiment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.