What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 29, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

That dessert sounds so good Mike.

I had a steak and Caesar salad tonight. Our first day of cold here we had a low of 36*-F this morning and high of 61*F- this afternoon.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I roasted chicken thighs for Wednesday's dinner, which we had with leftover roasted potatoes and carrots and microwaved peas. We will have leftover chicken for another two meals with different side dishes.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had liver with sauteed onions, roasted squash, and a green salad.

RiversideLen
          Participant

That dessert sounds really good, Mike.

Today I made pork chops, a roasted potato, peas and carrots and a baked apple stuffed with raisins and pecans.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I found a recipe for caramel bourbon sauce, it's pretty much what I expected: sugar, water, cream and a small amount of bourbon.

So what I need to make is a batch of puff pastry.

chocomouse
              Participant

Double the batch and pour it over ice cream!

BakerAunt
                Participant

Mike--I was looking at apple butter recipes, and I may try the one you made, although I will need to halve it, as I only have a 3 1/2-quart crock pot. In reading various recipes, I think that the headspace for canning apple butter should be 1/4-inch rather than 1/2 inch. While someone in the comments on the recipe says 1/2 inch, other recipes, and the Ball canning recipe, say 1/4 inch, which would be the same headspace as jam.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Pizza for dinner.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I was not sure that I was going to cook on Thursday, since I got this year's Covid shot yesterday, which has sapped my energy today. However, I was able to pull myself together and make the planned soup with ground turkey, a variety of vegetables (carrots, celery, red and yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, a mixture of red and brown lentils and yellow and green split peas with some barley, my turkey/chicken broth from the freezer, and kale. I have discovered that the kale is tastier if I first sauté it in olive oil near the end of the soup's cooking time, then add it. We have plenty left over for at least two or three more meals.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had left over pot roast for supper tonight, still tasty.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I had a slaw dog with chips and Greek yogurt.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made stuffed peppers tonight, for dinner I had a pepper, rice and brussels sprouts.

navlys
                            Participant

I finally made Salmon. Baked it on sheet pan with roasted potatoes and asparagus. The recipe was from Creme De La Crumb. It was healthy and delicious.!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Repeat of hotdog and chips.

I baked two more pie pumpkins and have the puree ready for pies.I need to make more pie crusts.I've never made a galette, thinking of making one with apples.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had leftover soup for dinner on Friday. We went to a nature preserve dedication and hike this afternoon, so it was good to come home to a dinner that just needed to be microwaved.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.