Wed. Oct 7th, 2026

chocomouse

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 2,760 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #26058
    chocomouse
    Participant

      We ended up not getting much of a storm at my house. Heavy winds, no trees down, lost power for 5-10 minutes, about .38 inches of rain, not nearly enough to help the drought. However, some sections of town had many trees and power lines down. We were lucky.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 9, 2020? #26056
      chocomouse
      Participant

        We had chicken burgers, broccoli salad, and cukes.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 9, 2020? #26055
        chocomouse
        Participant

          That does look good! I've been looking at peach recipes today. I have peaches to use up before I leave town on Wednesday, but I have only 3 peaches, which isn't quite enough for much of anything. I'm figuring diced and use in scones or muffins, but probably not enough for a tart or cobbler.

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 9, 2020? #26040
          chocomouse
          Participant

            I made burger buns early this morning, before it heated up; 95 here.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #26032
            chocomouse
            Participant

              We had chicken fajitas, with sides of summer squash and cucumbers in place of the more traditional beans, rice and guacamole. However, the margarita was authentic!

              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 2, 2020? #26031
              chocomouse
              Participant

                I made two loaves of oatmeal-whole wheat bread.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #26020
                chocomouse
                Participant

                  Dinner tonight was chicken kebobs, corn on the cob, steamed summer squash, and cukes.

                  in reply to: Berries and Cream Cake #26003
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

                    Joan, it is amazing! Not very healthy, but the flavor is fantastic! Please try it, and let me know what you think. Use any fruit, but blueberry is my favorite.

                    in reply to: Table Queen Squash #26002
                    chocomouse
                    Participant

                      I have planted Table Queen in the past -- it's a variety of acorn squash. I just halve and bake it, put a little butter in the cavity, and eat it from the shell. I never ruin my squash by adding anything else to it! LOL You eat cooked squash skin?

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25990
                      chocomouse
                      Participant

                        We had pork kebobs, corn on the cob, and the last of the potato salad and cole slaw.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25981
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

                          I've posted the recipe for Berries and Cream Cake in the Recipes forum. BakerAunt, I think you'll need to make quite a few modifications; the fat content is high, but that is what makes it so tasty! Mike, I think a clafoutis is more like a Dutch Baby, as that has quite a few eggs and no butter, but is also a great way to eat berries. Enjoy!

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25966
                          chocomouse
                          Participant

                            Today I made a Berries and Cream Cake, one of my absolute most favorite desserts. It's not really a cake, more like a cheesecake, but not really a cheesecake. It's baked in a 10" springform pan. The crust is like a shortbread, then a quart of berries (I used blueberries, and next will be blackberry, then a raspberry, and I plan to try a peach) poured into the crust. A filling of sour cream, sugar, egg, vanilla is poured over all of this. It's not very sweet, but the fruit just takes the flavor over the top! I got the recipe from a local newspaper recipe contest many, many years ago. About 5, maybe 10 years later, KAF published it online as their recipe. My original newspaper copy says nothing about KAF. I noticed today, as I searched to compare their recipe to the original, that it is no longer on their website. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post it here.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25965
                            chocomouse
                            Participant

                              Dinner was omelets, with ham, cheese, peppers, and onion; and English muffins. Tropical storm Isaias has arrived! Winds are now 30's mph, rain, some heavy and some not so much. I expect we'll lose power soon, as there are reports of numerous trees down.
                              Tornado warnings, but nothing sighted so far.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25950
                              chocomouse
                              Participant

                                burgers and corn on the cob!

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 26, 2020? #25908
                                chocomouse
                                Participant

                                  We had salmon, cole slaw, steamed zucchini and summer squash, potato salad and tomatoes from the garden.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,786 through 1,800 (of 2,760 total)