What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2020?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Dinner tonight was chicken-grape-Swiss salad, broccoli salad, green garden salad with maple vinaigrette, and Butterflake Herb bread. Perfect with the temp at 91*.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I was planning burgers on the grill, but the weather wasn't cooperating, we've had over an inch of rain since early afternoon. Some nearby villages got over 4 inches in 3 hours.

So we had mac and cheese instead.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had grilled hot dogs and french fries.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I made pizza dough this morning and I had pizza for supper,husband made himself soup and sandwich.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We had large dinner salads with plenty of vegetables and the leftover chicken cut on top. Our temperatures are in the 90s with some humidity, so not turning on the oven or stove works for us.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

The weather is cooperating today, so burgers on the grill.

chocomouse
                Participant

Weather not cooperating here! We've had 2 rains of less than .25 inches each, so less than half an inch in 6 weeks. Finally, they are calling it a drought. And it was 91* again today. So we had tuna fish sandwiches and refrigerator pickles that I made yesterday.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

The pattern the last few years here has been that it rains and rains for a month or more, then it stops, sometimes for weeks.

How do I know when the rainy season will start? It seems like it starts on the day I decide it is time to put my garden in. 🙂

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On Saturday, I made another batch of yogurt.

For Saturday dinner, I made the Quinoa Salad Recipe from Penzey’s. I had used up the Country French Dressing Blend, so I substituted 1 Tbs. of their Sandwich Sprinkle (came in a gift box) and that worked well. As I did last time, I added 4 oz of Feta. This time I used fresh broccoli and blanched it. I made Salmon Patties to go with it. I followed my usual recipe, except that I decreased the Panko from ½ cup to 1/3 and added 2 Tbs. oat bran. I had to use regular full-fat yogurt, as I had no nonfat Greek yogurt. I added 1 tsp. dried onion, along with the Penzey’s Mural Seasoning. It was a good dinner for a day with a high of 91F.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had fish with broccoli tonight.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Leftover pizza for me.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

We had a sheet pan dinner of sweet potatoes, broccoli and salmon. I used Penzey’s lemon pepper on the vegetables and melted butter with lemon over the salmon. It was perf3ct tonight.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.