What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Steak and a salad for supper here tonight. Happy Fathers Day.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I'm making broth today from the remains of the chicken I roasted earlier this week.

Dinner tonight will be leftover quinoa salad and salmon patties from yesterday. That should allow us to get in a zoom all with my husband's three children. Our call involves three different time zones, so a quick dinner works well.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's on this site!

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner tonight was steak, roasted potatoes and green salad. I went out on the deck to cut the lettuce in the planter, and it was dead! Looked awful - flattened. And most of the spinach, too. I cut what I could, even the leaves just laying flat on the dirt. I washed and trimmed them, sprinkled with water, and put in a colander in the fridge to chill. Two hours later, they were recovering and we had a decent salad. I also watered all the plants on the deck, as I had planned, and two hours later everything looked pretty good. Whew!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

It doesn't take long for plants to get stressed by heat and a lack of water.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Friday I put a pork loin roast on the grill. I had a couple of (store bought) tomatoes that were getting a little more ripe than I like for salad so I cut them up and make a little sauce and had it with leftover pork roast, pasta and cauliflower.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I had the rest of leftover pizza,my husband had a sandwich with beanie wieners.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Smoked turkey sandwich and chips.

chocomouse
                  Participant

A nice, easy, cold meal: leftover chicken salad, Black Bean Confetti Salad from SmittenKitten's email today, and pickled red onions.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We did an easy meal as well. My husband cooked pork on the stove top, and we had it with the remainder of our quinoa salad on mixed greens.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Leftovers tonight.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I had leftover pork roast with noodles and cauliflower, both seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

On Tuesday morning, I made our favorite All-American Potato Salad from Cooks Country. We will have it with leftover pork and microwaved fresh green beans for dinner.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

Sunday I made Greek chicken meatballs from Half Bake Harvest. Tonight I made a no cook pasta sauce with tomatoes from the garden that I grilled yesterday, plus a few fresh with mozzarella and garlic and seasonings. I forgot to pick fresh basil but since I'd gone to pull out the cucumber plants, I wasn't focused on the basil. Will follow up in the Gardens thread but probably not until tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

BLT's tonight.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Burgers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.