What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We got some snap peas and morels at the farmer's market today, we'll do something with them for supper, probably with some beef tenderloin meat from the freezer.

I had roast duck from the Persian restaurant's booth, in sour cherry sauce, for lunch. Yum! She's consistently listed among the top restaurants in Lincoln, and for good reason.

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

Boneless leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary on top plus a little olive oil. Mom will have mint jelly and we're having bearnaise sauce (I have tarragon growing out back). Roasted potatoes and homemade garlic croutons on salad. Wine!!

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made another batch of yogurt on Sunday.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I juiced 6 pounds of onions and wound up with about a half-gallon of onion juice, mother vinegar and alcohol to make onion vinegar and started it percolating, I'll monitor it over the next several weeks to see if it works.

I took pH and Brix measurements at several points, so I've got data to compare against.

My wife was worried it would stink up the basement, and it does smell like onions down here at the moment, but so does the kitchen when I make onion soup. What I don't know is how much the odor will dissipate overnight.

My wife asked me why I'm doing this. One reason is just to find out if it works. Another is that onion juice does not store well, even though it is anti-microbial. I'm hoping that turning it into a vinegar with a pH well below 4 will make it more stable.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had rotisserie chicken and a baked potato.

kimbob
              Participant

Beef stroganoff last night. Some kind of chicken thighs tonight. Maybe honey bbq.

BakerAunt
                Participant

When we were at the local grocery store on Tuesday, I saw two packages of six Roma tomatoes, each package marked down to 59 cents, as they were slightly past their prime. I bought both and made 2 cups of tomato sauce. I froze it in 1 cup containers to be used on future pizzas.

For dinner on Tuesday, I roasted a chicken atop cut-up potatoes and carrots tossed in olive oil and Penzey’s Sunny Paris Seasoning I also rubbed the chicken with olive oil and sprinkled with Sunny Paris. We had it with microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We had turkey soup - using up an assortment of leftovers from the freezer and the refrigerator.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made some sloppy joes yesterday, will have leftovers tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had chicken sandwich and a baked potato.

navlys
                        Participant

We are having grilled lamb chops with asparagus( a la Jacques Pepin). He has a great facebook page which feature easy and flavorful recipe videos.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had grilled toast with 2 eggs on top over medium.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

We had leftover roast chicken, potatoes, and carrots, along with microwaved fresh green beans. This chicken is particularly good. We bought it at Aldi's, and it does not seem to have the heavy salt solution that most places inject into their poultry.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Ribs, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and broccoli salad.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had BLTs for supper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.