What are you Cooking the Week of September 19, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 19, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No plans here yet, how about you?

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Sunday dinner here is leftover turkey-zucchini loaf, leftover Greek Pasta Salad, and microwaved fresh broccoli. I am glad for the easy dinner, as we had a high temperature of 88F. Our area could also use some rain.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had leftovers.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had sausage,fresh zipper peas and potato salad.

We have had an abundance of rain and it's rained off and on all day and the forecast next 3 or 4 days looks the same.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had sliders (3 ounce burgers) on the grill.

Italiancook
              Participant

I made Mushroom Bruschetta for lunch using day-old homemade bread. Intentionally, I didn't slice the boule until today. The problem with that was that the bread felt day-old when I buttered it for a tomato sauce-spaghetti dinner. But we ate it anyway.

Janiebakes
                Participant

Italiancook, your Mushroom Bruschetta sounds so good! Dinner here was stir fry with duck, bok choy, bamboo shoots and baby corn. Dessert was the last of the plum dumplings.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I took a BBGA course on mooncakes on Friday, and I've been gathering the ingredients to make a batch of them this week. I couldn't find lotus seed paste, but I did find shelled lotus seeds, so I'll try to make my own.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

I grilled chicken for a tossed Cobb salad. I made a marinade with Penzey’s fajita seasoning and garlic powder, lime juice and zest, olive oil and salt and pepper. We chopped it and added our own romaine, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, bacon, blue cheese and homemade ranch dressing.

Then we had sourdough chocolate cake from KABC that Will made for dessert.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I boiled a large chicken breast,added some better than bouillon paste and shredded it when it was tender,saved half for another meal and added a small package of yellow rice and it was so good,we had green beans seasoned with smoked bacon.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On Monday, my husband pan cooked boneless pork ribs on the stove top. I roasted Russet potato wedges tossed in olive oil with a bit of salt. Microwaved frozen peas completed the dinner.

CWCdesign--I've made the sourdough chocolate cake, and it is delicious. Will is becoming quite the baker!

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Yes, he is! Because it’s so humid he put it in the fridge Sunday night - it was better last night and the chilling seemed to help the grittiness of the glaze.

I don’t know what it is about powdered sugar glazes, but they are often gritty and taste - for lack of a better word - raw.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Did he sift the powdered sugar before using it? When I want a smoother texture for a cake, that is what I do. For sweet rolls, I do not usually bother.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

The frosting for the Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake, which uses butter, buttermilk, cocoa, vanilla, pecans and powdered sugar, is better if you heat it to about 120 degrees after mixing in the sugar before pouring it on the still-warm cake. Comes out a lot like home-made fudge that way!

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made a pork roast on the bbq yesterday. For tonight's dinner, I'm going to make a sandwich with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.