What are you Cooking the Week of October 8, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 8, 2023?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight was a BBQ sandwich and Caesar salad.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We enjoyed the dinners at my husbands' cousins' reunion. Monday night was grilled pork tenderloin, Tuesday was our "Thanksgiving" meal with turkey. One cousin's wife makes wonderful stuffed baked potatoes that my husband and I look forward to all year. Wednesday night was a "eat the leftovers" meal. Some of us did go out for lunch on Tuesday to a restaurant in New Buffalo called The Stray Dog. I had a delicious grilled Ruben on Michigan swirled rye bread and onion rings. It was a dietary indulgence.

We are back at home on Thursday. Dinner consisted of some leftover turkey from the reunion that we brought back with us, and I roasted some potato and carrot chunks tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey's Justice blend.

Joan--congratulations on the great thrifting finds!

chocomouse
        Participant

Our dinner tonight was bulgogi and broccoli on rice, with fresh green beans from the planter on the deck.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had leftovers from last night for dinner on Friday. It takes a while after getting back from a short vacation to get organized again, especially when others were doing most of the vacation cooking!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I had a BLT using some leftover bacon from the other day, Diane had some soup.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I had a repeat of BBQ sandwich and Caesar salad.I have pumpkin pie filling made up in the fridge to bake in the morning.

BakerAunt I do love going to thrift stores or estate sales for the hunt.

BakerAunt a Rueben is one of my very favorites, yummy, it's hard to find a good one here.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had a hamburger, a little pasta and carrots.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We're having one of the spaghetti squashes from the garden tonight, with a tomato-meat-mushroom sauce, and some oven toast.

chocomouse
                    Participant

We had tilapia with roasted brussels sprouts, summer squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, and onions. The veggies had a light drizzle of olive oil, maple syrup, and sprinkle of flaky sea salt.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Stewed squash and a Caesar salad.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

At the Cousins' Reunion, we always do a Thanksgiving meal, so that means a turkey. No one wanted the meaty bones, so we froze them and brought them home in a cooler. On Saturday, I made broth with them and some chicken bones I had in the freezer. Before I made the broth, I cut off about two cups more of turkey. I used it to make a throw-together dinner tonight of sauteed mushrooms, leftover frozen gravy that was made for the reunion with a vegan "chicken" broth (I think seaweed is involved), a bit of the broth I had simmering, the leftover evaporated milk from the pies and sweet rolls, and some cooked spinach noodles. With the addition of frozen peas and some freshly ground pepper, we had a great one-dish meal based on what was in the refrigerator.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made breaded boneless chicken breasts in the oven. I put them in buttermilk for a few minutes and then into seasoned panko breadcrumbs. I sprinkled a little bit of oil on them. Baked them at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes. Had one with a baked potato and Brussel sprouts and carrots. It all came out pretty good and I have enough chicken left for the next two nights.

chicken-breast

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.