What are you Cooking the week of November 4, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of November 4, 2018?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I made stew beef with onions,carrots and potatoes on top of stove after I got it altogether I put it in small roaster pan and cooked it 2 hours at 350* and we ate this on top of corn bread.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I had some leftover pumpkin from the pumpkin bread I made earlier in the week (about half a cup), so this morning I made pumpkin waffles. I used Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat pancake mix and included some oats (I didn't measure it, it was what was left in the container, maybe more then a half cup). Seasoned it with a heavy shake of cinnamon. It came out pretty good, not as dry as my buckwheat waffles usually come out. I have enough for tomorrow.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Buckwheat Pumpkin waffles sound delicious, Len!

Saturday night’s dinner was salmon and couscous. I used 1 tsp. of Penzey’s Sunny Paris as the seasoning instead of dill. I wanted to make a maple-glazed salmon recipe, but my husband nixed it. At least I can alter the seasoning!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

My husband had taco salad,I rolled mine in a flour tortilla for a burrito.

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner tonight was salmon on the grill, with a Stonewall Kitchen honey barbeque sauce. With it we had asparagus, green salad, and leftover wild rice. It was snowing while my husband grilled!

BakerAunt
              Participant

Note on the white pumpkin I roasted: It does not have a strong pumpkin flavor. It's ok, and I'll use the puree, but I won't buy a white pumpkin again. I prefer the peanut pumpkin, the blue-green pumpkin, or the sugar/pie pumpkins.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I never cooked a white pumpkin. My feelings on pumpkins are that they should be orange. To me that is a feel good Autumn harvest color.

Tonight I made a small boneless pork roast. I have enough for the next couple of days.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I like to experiment at the farmers' market. By moving past my comfort zone on pie pumpkins, I discovered that I very much like the "peanut" pumpkin, as well as the blue-green one. Those latter two have an amazingly smooth and thick puree when processed. However, the Cinderella, as I reported last year, was a major disappointment--so much work for so little puree, and I was unimpressed with the taste. The white pumpkin falls into the "don't buy again" category.

I used a delicate squash for the first time this week. Neither my husband nor I thought it had much flavor, but I might tray it again.

I have a red (dark orange) kabocha squash that I bought as an experiment. I'll need to find out how best to use it. One website says the red version is sweeter than the green.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.