What are you Cooking the Week of January 24, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 24, 2021?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

For supper last night we had chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing then pan seared till done,leftover butter beans from the freezer and a baked sweet potato.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight I'll make taco salad.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made matzo ball soup and had a hamburger with it.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had a grilled cheese and I had salad my husband had soup with his.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Last night we repeated Thursday's dinner but with microwaved broccoli. Tonight we finished the turkey loaf, but I made bulgur cooked in broth to go with it, and we had mixed vegetables.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For lunch on Saturday, and for the next two days, I used the leftover bulgur from last night. I sauteed plenty of chopped carrots, celery, and some remaining onion in olive oil. I added a can of Muir fire-roasted organic tomatoes and a small can of chicken. I seasoned with ¼ tsp. garlic powder and 1 tsp. Arizona Dreaming blend from Penzey’s. It hits the spot for the desire for some southwestern food, which Scott cannot eat, and which I crave every now and then.

I roasted a butternut squash in my countertop oven (375F for an hour), then scooped it out of the skin and pureed it. Some will be for future soups, and some will be for muffins later this week.

I cooked a pot of Great Northern beans. Some are for soup tonight and some will be frozen.

Dinner on Saturday was a modified minestrone soup. In deference to my husband’s tummy, I did not include tomatoes or any spices other than garlic, and I used a heaping tsp. of dried onion rather than fresh. I put in celery, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, 1 ½ cups cooked Great Northern beans, and a cup of penne pasta. I used frozen turkey broth. It came out nicely, and I grated Parmesan on mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.