What are you Cooking the Week of January 24, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 24, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No plans here yet. There's still left over pizza from Friday. We're in a winter storm warning for Monday and early Tuesday, possibly 6-12 inches of snow. We're on the northern edge of the area, I"m hoping it goes south of us.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I'm making a stock from turkey bones that I had in the freezer.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made me a fried ham sandwich today,husband made him a sandwich and soup.

I saw in the weather channel where ya'll were getting lots of snow and winds Mike.Stay warm and safe for all in this kind of weather.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had more of the leftover beef stew and rye rolls. No complaints!

Most of the lake has frozen, as it finally got cold enough, and it was calm enough, but it is not thick enough for any winter activities. We are supposed to get snow tonight and into tomorrow and Tuesday, but the weather people have had a difficult time forecasting the weather this year, so I'll wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. We did do some local grocery shopping today, just in case.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made a stir fry with some leftover pork roast. Had it with brown rice. Used some of my turkey stock in it, it came out pretty good.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

The snow gauge in the back yard currently reads between 9 and 10 inches, only about an inch of that was left over from Saturday. The forecast is for heavy snow (an inch an hour) for possibly another 5 hours, then tapering off until after midnight. We could have 14-16 inches by the time it finishes.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight I had a fried ham sandwich on caraway rye bread fresh made today ,was so good.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had a pork roast sandwich and turkey veggie soup.

kimbob
                    Participant

Boneless roast leg of lamb, oven fried potatoes, and carrots. We'll have bearnaise sauce on our lamb and mom mint jelly. Have a loaf of italian bread left from 2 loaves I baked on Sunday. Shorty's gonna be happy to have some lamb later. Snowing here! 🥳🥳🥳

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks and fries, quick and easy.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On Tuesday, I made another batch of yogurt.

For Tuesday’s dinner, I made Salmon with Dill and Couscous, which we had with microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had tomato soup with veggies -- made from scratch with veggies from the garden. and ham and pineapple quesadillas.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made matzo ball soup and had a sandwich with it.

kimbob
                              Participant

Fettuccini alfredo tonight using bow tie pasta (they're so cute) instead of fettuccine. Garlic bread, too.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made my Turkey-Zucchini Loaf with Peach Dijon Mustard Glaze. I also roasted potato wedges, drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Mural of Flavor. My husband has had problems with other blends that I have used on the potatoes in the past, so I’m hoping this mild one will agree with him. We had microwaved frozen peas and carrots as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.