What are you Cooking the Week of February 21, 2021

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 21, 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Tonight we had pizza, the first time I cooked pizza in the Breville. It came out good - crispy and browned on the bottom with melted lightly browned cheese (but not burned) on top. I cut my recipe from 3 to 2 cups of flour, and next time will try only 1 3/4 cups. The pan that came with it is not nearly as nice as the cast iron pan I've been using, and a lot smaller - but it fits into the oven.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Lodge may make a cast iron pan that fits in your Breville.

chocomouse
        Participant

Thanks, Mike, I'm pretty sure they do. I have the 15" Lodge, and love how the crust comes out.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by chocomouse.
          BakerAunt
          Participant

I had about 1 ½ cups leftover millet from the bread I baked earlier this week that I needed to use. I googled “recipes using cooked millet” and found a couple of candidates. For lunch on Friday, I decided to try Millet Breakfast Skillet,” from the blog Cook the Story, by Christine Pittman. I needed to make some changes. I only had half the millet, so I cut the recipe in half. I also did not have any ham to add. I did not have a nonstick frying pan that I would trust in a 425F oven, nor do I have a cast iron pan. So, I pulled out a 9-inch Emile Henry tart pan to use. I replaced the shredded cheddar with some shredded mozzarella that needs to be used up. I also added 1 Tbs. Penzey’s Sunny Paris to give it some flavor. I baked it for 20 minutes, then I sprinkled Parmesan on top and baked another three minutes. The result is tasty, in part due to the Sunny Paris. I will keep this recipe around for the next time I have leftover millet. The ham would be nice.

Here's the link: https://cookthestory.com/millet-breakfast-skillet-recipe/

It would be worth buying a small cast iron skillet to make this half recipe. It would require a 7-inch one.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made another batch of yogurt on Saturday.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I had some veggies that needed to be used, a potato, some broccoli and baby carrots, so last night I made it into soup. I added a chicken thigh to it that I had in the freezer. Had it with a meatball sandwich.

Tonight I'll be making roast salmon, will have the remaining soup and maybe some brussels sprouts.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had oyster stew tonight.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We are having ham on rye bread and potatoes au gratin.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Dinner on Saturday was Salmon and Couscous, seasoned with dill, and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had taco salad tonight.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I made stuffed peppers today, baked 3 and froze 3. I had one for dinner with a baked sweet potato. Stuffed peppers for the next 2 days although the sides will vary.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.