What are you Cooking the Week of February 21, 2021

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 21, 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Baked ziti with garlic bread.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had BBQ chicken in the pot with gravy over rice and creamed corn.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made stir-fry for dinner on Tuesday. I used the leftover pork, the de-glazing from when the pork was cooked, celery, green onion, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and soba noodles. I do not like this new brand of soba noodles that Kroger now carries. Today was the second time I have used them, and they came out a little better, but they are still too soggy. I will try decreasing the cooking time further. The brand Kroger originally carried were made in Japan; these are made in China.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Yesterday I made stir fry with a left over pork chop, celery, carrots, onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Had it with brown rice.

I found a steak in the freezer so I made that tonight. Had it with bow tie pasta, I used a jar sauce in which I first sauteed some celery, onion, carrot, mushrooms and peas, then added the sauce.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made my healthier version of my Mom’s hamburger stroganoff for dinner on Wednesday night. We eat it over a mixture of brown and wild rice combination. We had microwaved frozen peas as well. Tonight, would normally be a leftover meal from last night, but my husband receives his second Coid-19 vaccine shot tomorrow, and it will be dinner time when we return home. So, tomorrow will be leftover stir-fry, and Friday will be leftover stroganoff.

kimbob
              Participant

Salmon stuffed with crab meat and fresh asparagus.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We kept it simple today, macaroni and cheese. My wife added Havarti cheese to hers, I added some left over ground beef and mushroom soup to mine.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Simple here tonight too, my husband had soup and sandwich, I had peanut butter and jam sandwich.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Since the temp was in the 40s, we grilled steak tips, and had roasted brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.

kimbob
                      Participant

Herb de provence roasted chicken stuffed with onion, fresh rosemary and the half of orange I have left over from gluhwein surrounded by onions, carrots, potatoes, a few garlic cloves which were tossed with a little olive oil. Cranberry sauce, of course! Hubby will probably want gravy. The house is gonna smell great tonight.

chocomouse
                        Participant

And your dinner is going to taste great, too!

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had roast and gravy from the freezer,mashed potatoes and Italian green beans.

kimbob
                            Participant

It did, chocomouse! My husband makes a face when I say we're having chicken but when he's eating it says 'this is really good'.🙄

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Leftovers here, I had some minor dental work this afternoon, so mac and cheese is probably all I'm up for anyway.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Kimbob, my husband doesn't like chicken either! And I love it - could eat it 3-4 times a week. I think what he actually doesn't like is "picking" at his food, eating it off the bone; he doesn't like fish, like trout or salmon steaks for that reason also. I think boneless chicken is fine, but also feel the bone-in gives it added flavor. He eats the chicken without complaint, but I'm careful to not serve it too often.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.