What are You Cooking the Week of February 19, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of February 19, 2017?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

This Sunday, it is my turn to cook dinner. I'm cooking a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms in my crockpot for dinner.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

It's a lovely day here today, temperature around 70, so earlier we took a nice walk around the neighborhood and now I've got a chicken on the outdoor rotisserie. I'm basting it with barbecue sauce every few minutes.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Yesterday I made an eye of round following America's Test Kitchen way, I'll be having it for the next several days. I love the days that all I need to do is slice some off and make a fresh side or two.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Lenny--we, too, enjoy having leftovers and conveniently fast meals from our roast. I'm sure that Mike has some leftovers from his rotisserie chicken as well.

On Tuesday afternoon, I made a Lentil-Brown Rice-Vegetable soup, using turkey stock, and I added chopped Hot Toscano Salami and a Tablespoon of tomato paste. Seasonings were 1/2 tsp. rosemary, 1 tsp. basil, 1/2 tsp. oregano, fresh parsley, and a bay leaf. It definitely has a kick to it from the salami, so it is too spicy for my husband. I will eat it for lunch this week, and maybe freeze some of it.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I bought a quart of strawberries today and turned it into sauce. It's going to dress up my breakfast yogurt for the next 5 days or so.

Italiancook
              Participant

Your strawberry sauce sounds delicious, RiversideLen. I buy strawberries in the wintertime, but I'm looking forward to local ones in a few months.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I finished off the week by making Dilled Salmon and Couscous for dinner. The recipe is posted on this site.

Italiancook
                  Participant

After a week of no cooking or baking, I made Blue Cheese Dressing today. Used it on chef's salads for dinner. But neither are really cooking.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Italian Cook--making your own salad dressing does qualify as cooking!

luvpyrpom
                      Participant

Had some time off work so decided to make slow cooker turkey leg quarters, steel cut oatmeal, homemade soy yogurt this week. Been eating leftovers except for last night - had roasted salmon with dill.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.