What are you Cooking the Week of December 10, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 10, 2023?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I had chicken meatballs, broccoli, mashed potato and gravy.

BakerAunt
      Participant

My husband had a dental procedure on Tuesday, so his mouth was too sore to eat last night's leftovers. I pulled out some chicken broth from the freezer and warmed it up for him. I decided to eat an improvised dinner of scrambled egg with onion, mushrooms, and low-fat mozzarella, with raw carrots on the side.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Shopping with my best friend today and we did a big Mexican lunch so I'm doing fruit for supper.

BakerAunt I hope your husbands procedure heals soon and the soreness goes away.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Thanks, Joan. It is better today, but he has to be careful how he eats.

I made applesauce on Wednesday as a treat for my husband, who is recovering from a dental procedure.

chocomouse
            Participant

I made a pizza for dinner, with sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, black olives, cheddar, and mozzarella.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had macaroni and cheese tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I made me a chuck eye steak with a baked potato, dang it was good.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I made my lighter version of my mother's hamburger stroganoff, which we had over a mixture of brown and wild rice. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I got a new meat grinder for my KitchenAid mixers (the metal one, not the plastic). Yesterday I had a couple of strip steaks in the freezer that I decided to grind. The grinder worked beautifully. I made a smaller burger for yesterday's lunch (about 3 ounces) and it was very good. It does taste different from regular ground beef. I took the remaining meat (20 ounces) and used it to stuff 4 green pepper halves, which I had one for dinner yesterday with some pasta and broccoli. I made a small batch of pizza dough this afternoon and one of those stuffed peppers is going to find its way sliced onto a small cast iron skillet pizza.

If I had prepared those steaks as steaks, I would have had 2 meals from them. By grinding them I got one lunch and will have 4 dinners.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Congratulations on your new kitchen tool, Len!

We had leftover hamburger stroganoff with rice, along with microwaved frozen peas and carrots. We also had applesauce.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Glad you are liking your new meat grinder Len sounds great.

Yesterday I went with friends out to see Christmas lights and we ate in a small town, really good Rueben for me and today I was in town with my sister in law and we ate BBBQ sandwich from Sonny's BBQ.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For Saturday's dinner, I made Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning. We had it with microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

No cooking tonight, I took Diane to Outback for her birthday.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.