What are you cooking the week of August 11, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of August 11, 2019?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

What's your recipe? My wife has tried to make four bean salad a few times, somehow it never comes out quite as good as the 5 bean salad at Sams. I've seen the same brand at Costco.

My wife thinks one we buy has too many garbanzo beans and onions and not enough kidney beans. It also has a bit too much sugar, but we always rinse it off anyway.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I thought that I posted it, but I looked and do not see it. After I have some at lunch--and see how I like it with the changes, I'll post it. My recipe is from my college roommate, who adapted one in my old Betty Crocker cookbook--probably more than forty years ago. (Where does the time go?)

BakerAunt
        Participant

The Four-Bean Salad recipe is now posted.

I need to ask: what is the fifth bean in the Sam's 5-Bean Salad?

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Green, kidney, garbanzo (though the label calls them ceci), pinto and wax.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had ham,left over dried black eyed peas and potato salad.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had tomato and salami sandwiches.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Today I brined a boneless chicken breast then fried it in a tablespoon of butter and canola oil,steamed broccoli & cheese and a baked potato.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Saturday morning, I made the Bob’s Red Mill recipe for Ensalade de Quinoa, which I’ve made twice before. We like it, so I double everything except for the feta. (It is high in saturated fat, but 4 oz., spread around in a large salad is ok.) I used the last of the lime juice I had frozen from last year’s lime crop. This year’s crop will be at least eight limes. We will have the quinoa salad for dinner tonight, as the lima beans and corn, along with the quinoa and feta, make a nice vegetarian meal.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.