Valtrompia Bread Tube

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls Valtrompia Bread Tube

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I hit the Estate sales on Friday morning when my schedule is flexible. I found a Valtrompia Bread Tube (Flower), made in Chile and sold by Pampered Chef. It had never been used, so it was still in the box and plastic wrapping, with the recipes and instructions tucked inside. It is shaped to make "flower" slices and has caps on the end. I have a hard time resisting unusual pans, so I paid $2, and it became mine.

I've looked at the instructions and recipes. There is only one yeast bread, and it is English Muffin Bread. The others are quick breads. It seems to be about a 3-cup pan.

Does anyone have experience with this pan? How do you grease it when you can't fit your hand into it, or even a spray, as the instructions suggest? I'm assuming that the famous "grease" (one part oil, one part flour, one part shortening--done by volume measurements), painted on with a long brush is the way to go?

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I've got bread tubes from 2 or 3 different companies, Norpro sold them for a while and so did Pampered Chef. I think I've got a heart, a diamond, a flower petal and a hexagon.

They usually hold 12-14 ounces of bread dough. I usually use canola oil in the, I spray the sides then use a long brush to even things out. I general bake them with the tube laying directly on the rack, if I try standing them on end they fall over anyway. I rotate them 1/3 turn every 10 minutes or so.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Thanks, Mike. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.