Texas Sheet Cake

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rottiedogs
    Participant

Texas Sheet Cake
      Livingwell
      I am hopeless at figuring out pan substitutions (and all those charts that say X number of cups of batter will fill such and such pans are useless to me), so hope you guys can help me out here. I want to halve a Texas Sheet Cake recipe, but am confused about what size pan to use. The full recipe is made in a 15X10X1 pan, so I'm figuring I should be able to use the 11X7 brownie pan I have for half. Does that sound right to you?? Thanks for your help!
      badge posted by: Livingwell on January 24, 2016 at 12:51 pm in General discussions
      share on: Twitter, Facebook
      Subscribe to: This post
      REPLIES TO THIS DISCUSSION
      Save
      Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save" to activate your changes.
      reply by: Livingwell on February 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
      Livingwell
      DLady, the recipe I used was very similar to Mike's and we loved it! Coffee ice cream sounds like it would put it over the top - yum! Do you drizzle chocolate syrup over the ice cream then? Oh my gosh, that sounds good, too!
      Paddy, since I don't bake much for us anymore, I halve recipes whenever possible. When I bake for friends, I use the whole recipe and himself and I take just a taste, if possible, for quality control and give away the rest. The 11x7 pan I used for half the sheet cake recipe had been sitting on the shelf for three years, brand new and unused until I used it for the sheetcake. I *almost* put it in the donation pile, and am glad now that I didn't!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: PaddyL on February 12, 2016 at 11:57 pm
      PaddyL
      This is all to the good. Awhile ago, when we still had money,I bought a 7 x 11 inch pan and have only used it once. Now I can go ahead and halve all those recipes that call for the 15 inch pans!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: dachshundlady on February 12, 2016 at 6:26 pm
      dachshundlady
      I made a half recipe of Mike Nolan's Texas Sheet cake this afternoon and it is great! It is so fudgy (as suggested I doubled the proportion of icing) and moist. My only regret was that I didn't have coffee ice cream with which to "guild the lily".
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 09, 2016 at 3:35 pm
      Livingwell
      Hi, KidPizza, and thank you for your kind words! Because himself is lactose-intolerant, I have had to use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. I'll be anxious to hear how it works in your lemon pie, as well as the banana and coconut cream, two of himself's favorite pies. At least, they used to be. Now he says his favorite is whatever kind of pie is in front of him at the moment - haha! "Penelope"
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: SandraInHarlingen on February 09, 2016 at 1:21 pm
      SandraInHarlingen
      Hi KidPizza,
      Thank you so much. Our community has pot luck suppers every Tuesday and I am looking for something different to bring.
      Sandra
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KIDPIZZA on February 09, 2016 at 10:12 am
      KIDPIZZA
      SANDRAIN HARLINGEN:
      Good morning. I am going to correct my original post as to the "COOL WHIP" that I posted to Penelope. I think it best to employ cool whip. I wrote it comes in a 16, oz tub...wrong, It is a 8, oz tub. Sooo then use just half of the amount of CW as stated.
      I just bought a can of lemon pudding. I am going to experiment doing a lemon pie soon. I will post my results then. These "NO BAKE PIES I am putting together are simple anyone can do it...Cannot fail.
      Later, I will try cream pies like coconut & banana cream pies. That Cool whip stuff is good stuff. If it wasn't for PENELOPE" bringing it to my attention I would not ever tried it or ever tasted it. It is worth it's weight in gold.
      Good luck & enjoy the day young lady.
      ~KIDPIZZA.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 08, 2016 at 4:44 pm
      Livingwell
      SandraInHarlingen, that recipe comes courtesy of KidPizza, so I can't take credit for it.
      Thanks, Swirth, for posting the link!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: swirth on February 08, 2016 at 3:45 pm
      swirth
      The No Bake Cherry Pie is in this thread:
      -
      http://community.kingarthurflour.com/content/kidpizzas-no-bake-cherry-pie
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: SandraInHarlingen on February 08, 2016 at 3:16 pm
      SandraInHarlingen
      No bake cherry pie caught my attention. I went to your page and it wasn't posted there. Could you post a copy or point me to where I can find it? Or is it a secret? πŸ™‚
      Thanks
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 05, 2016 at 5:32 pm
      Livingwell
      At least you have more than one, Mike. The disadvantage of living in such a small community is, there is only one of the chain stores, IF they have any at all. Very frustrating for someone from a big city, like me, who is used to running to the next store if what I want isn't in stock at the first one. And if the one store goes out of business, as World Market did here, well, then it's just gone and the next closest one is 2-3 hours away!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on February 05, 2016 at 4:18 pm
      Mike Nolan
      There's at least one other Michael's in town, but much further away.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KitchenBarbarian aka Zen on February 05, 2016 at 3:02 pm
      KitchenBarbarian aka Zen
      I'm with you, Frick. I stick with Michaels, JoAnn's, and Hancock. I buy a lot of yarn from the yarn outlet in Canada, or when its on sale at one of the aforementioned 3. Michael's is my sole source of affordable non-wool totally washable and machine dryable sock yarn.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KitchenBarbarian aka Zen on February 05, 2016 at 2:58 pm
      KitchenBarbarian aka Zen
      @Mike Nolan - 2 or 3 cake nails might take care of that hump. Although honestly, with a sheet cake, who really cares? When you cut out the individual pieces it won't be noticeable anyway. It really only matters for layer cakes. And you can always just trim it for a layer cake.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KitchenBarbarian aka Zen on February 05, 2016 at 1:05 pm
      KitchenBarbarian aka Zen
      Make it Captain Morgan BLACK Rum - that stuff is delicious! Now that I've thought of it, I have a hankering to give it a try myself.
      Sorry if it makes you shudder, but I hate nuts. ALL nuts. There will be no pecans in my future either, LOL!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mrs Cindy on February 05, 2016 at 9:49 am
      Mrs Cindy
      I hate shopping at Snobby Lobby, but they are much closer than Mchaels, as in about 10 miles closer. Many times it's a matter of a quick run in to see if I can find just the things I need, then I look through my coupons. I don't buy anything there without a coupon! I can't tell you how many times I've left the store without buying anything because I didn't have the right coupon.
      ~Cindy
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 05, 2016 at 8:29 am
      Livingwell
      Mike, I can't remember the last time I bought something at Hobby Lobby. I don't do scrapbooking, nor am I into flowers, not even live ones outside. I love flowers, but have very few flower pots, and it's all I can do to tend them! I hope your Michaels doesn't go out of business and just relocates. They're worth the trip.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on February 05, 2016 at 12:12 am
      Mike Nolan
      Hobby Lobby always strikes me as more for the scrapbooking and flower decorating crowd. I doubt I've spent $50 there in the last 15 years. Michael's is a lot closer, maybe 6 blocks from us. But that could change, they're planning to tear down the portion of the mall that Michael's is in and build an even bigger Scheels, complete with a Ferris wheel. Not sure whether Michael's is going to be moving to another part of the mall, relocate nearby, or give up being in this corner of town (SW), at least for a while.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 04, 2016 at 7:49 pm
      Livingwell
      Oooo, bakeraunt, I love Snobby Lobby! Like Frick, I only shop there if I can't find what I want somewhere else or I'm looking for something really specific. Funnily enough, I don't buy it even if they have it because I hate the thought of giving them my money.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: frick on February 04, 2016 at 4:52 pm
      frick
      Note to Mike Nolan,
      It finally dawned on me why you double your fudge frosting for this cake. In all other recipes for the 2 C flour, 2 C sugar, buttermilk recipe, the boiled fudge topping has called for roughly double the amounts of the recipe you originally followed. In fact, my SIL's recipe starts with 1 pound conf. sugar, then double the rest as follows: 1/2 C butter, 1/4 C cocoa, 1/3 cup milk plus vanilla. So I can see how you found your original topping seriously lacking in quantity.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: frick on February 03, 2016 at 7:56 pm
      frick
      I see you girls and I are of the same mind. I don't get coupons from Hobby Lobby, but there is one in Burbank. I have several reasons for not shopping there, and would do so in only the direst circumstances.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: bakeraunt on February 03, 2016 at 7:25 pm
      bakeraunt
      Hm, I call them Snobby Lobby.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 03, 2016 at 5:58 pm
      Livingwell
      Thank you, Frick! We liked the half recipe I used so much (himself hasn't stopped talking about it!) that I would like to try the full recipe some time. Oh, trust me, I never buy anything at Michael's without one of their coupons! Ours also takes Hobby Lobby coupons, so I always have one or the other with me. Funnily enough, as in not, Hobby Lobby won't take Michaels coupons. That makes me limit my purchases to Michaels. That and more than a few unpleasant shopping experiences at Hobby Lobby. Check with your local Michaels to see if they accept coupons from Hobby Lobby.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: frick on February 03, 2016 at 4:26 pm
      frick
      Well, livingwell, I looked at several recipes online this morning and compared them with Mike's. There is almost always constant proportions of flour to sugar to butter/shortening and buttermilk. So size is consistent. I think it will work out fine for half the recipe in your 11X7 brownie pan. Mike's 10X10 is probably a 2" deep pan.
      I don't think I have ever seen that dimension in the shallow version. ALL photos I saw were quite shallow and the cake is no deeper than a bar. The instructions on Mike's recipe called for a 15X10X1 inch pan for the full recipe, OR a 13X9X2 (which I don't recommend). It just does not bake right in that pan.
      If you want to bake the whole recipe, I feel you don't need the 2 inch pan, just a shallow 15X10 or, as I found on some recipes, a 17X12. If you buy anything at Michael's, be sure you have a coupon. Do you get those? You can sign up online and print at home, or they'll scan it on your smart phone if you have that.
      I may bake a half size tomorrow just to see how it comes out.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 03, 2016 at 7:21 am
      Livingwell
      Frick and Mike, I hit both Hobby Lobby and Michaels yesterday to check out the 2-inch tall pan and found it at both, but the size threw me. Instead of it being 15X10, like mine, it was 15X11. It was 2 inches tall, as you both mentioned, but I didn't buy it because I thought the extra inch might make the cake too short? Thoughts??
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 02, 2016 at 7:14 am
      Livingwell
      Hmmm, sounds like I should look at a 2-inch pan for the times I want to make the full recipe.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on February 01, 2016 at 9:34 pm
      Mike Nolan
      Oh, probably about an inch thick (I normally bake it in a 2" high pan). I don't like that cake when it is TOO thick, and the frosting needs to be thick enough compared to the cake to be a nice bite of fudge. Pouring hot frosting on a hot cake causes the cake to compress a bit, which may be why some people think of it as a brownie.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 01, 2016 at 11:05 am
      Livingwell
      Mike, how thick is your finished cake? We like it to be at least 1-inch tall so we don't feel like we're eating all frosting. I am not as worried about the bake time as I am about the batter running over the sides of my pan and making a big mess in the oven - yikes!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on February 01, 2016 at 11:04 am
      Mike Nolan
      I normally make a full recipe for the Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake in a 13 x 17 pan (221 square inches) and recently I have been making a half recipe in a 10 x 10 pan (100 square inches.) The difference in thickness isn't enough to affect the cake or baking times much.
      I once made a double recipe in a 17 x 22 sheet pan that is only an inch high, the batter came about 3/4 up the sides and didn't overflow during baking, though the center of the cake rose slightly above the rim of the pan. The biggest challenge I had was in frosting it, some of the frosting dripped down the sides of the pan. My wife said that one was almost too heavy for her to carry in to the office, but there was plenty of cake for everyone!
      So as long as the raw batter doesn't go more than about 3/4 of the way up the sides, you should be OK, even with a 1" high pan.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on February 01, 2016 at 8:09 am
      Livingwell
      Rather than hijack bakeraunt's weekly post about what everyone baked the week of January 24, 2016, I thought I would ask Frick my question about her 15X10X2 pan here, so I'll have all the info about Texas sheet cake in one thread. Frick, you mentioned that there was no way all the batter from your recipe would fit in a 15X10X1 pan and bought one that is 2 inches tall. Does your recipe make more than the recipe in the link Mike posted above? The recipe I have is almost identical to Mike's and, so far, I have only made half of it (once), but we liked the cake so well that I would like to try a full recipe some time. Both of my 15X10 pans are 1-inch tall and now I'm afraid the batter might spill over while baking!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 28, 2016 at 10:00 am
      Livingwell
      Thanks again, everyone, for your help with my Texas sheet cake questions! The 11X7 pan worked perfectly for half the recipe, and keeping the frosting on very low heat while the cake finished baking meant it was ready to go when needed. And I was only one day late making this for National Chocolate Cake Day. Who knew there was such a day?!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 26, 2016 at 7:49 am
      Livingwell
      Good morning, Cass! I was happy to hear that Cool Whip worked so well in your no-bake pie! With himself being lactose-intolerant, I would have to use it instead of real whipping cream and was unsure of how it would effect the result. Of course, real whipping cream would taste much better, but if it comes down to not having whipped topping or using Cool Whip, we'll take the Cool Whip. It sounds like your pie also went over well with the staff and was the perfect ending to your pizza lunch. How are you doing these days? We are well and enjoying this almost-no-snow winter. Even with the weather being better than usual, I am still ready for spring and longer days. I like green and flowers, so this winter stuff just doesn't cut it for me. Along with warmer weather, I am also looking forward to making your pie. I have so many recipes I want to try it isn't funny! Thank you for letting me know how the Cool Whip worked in your recipe. I *will* make it one of these days and will let you know how it works for me. In the meantime, take care and know that I am sending good thoughts your way. "Penelope"
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KIDPIZZA on January 26, 2016 at 4:00 am
      KIDPIZZA
      LIVINGWELL:
      Good early morning. Penelope, I am posting this information in relation to your recent post stating you were going to do my "NO BAKE CHERRY PIE RECIPE" after the holiday's. At that time you stated you were thinking of employing "COOL WHIP" I decided to give that ingredient a try. I never used nor ever tasted this ingredient before.
      Sooo, yesterday I went to my volunteer job for a few hours & I decided to make this recipe for the 2nd time & I bought a 16,oz tub of Cool Whip. I used 12, oz (3/4 of the tub & spread on top of the cherries with my pastry knife....XLNT choice. With the rest in the tub I sliced a banana in it mixed all up & had it for dessert later in the day. It tasted EXACTLY like what my MOM made for me when I was a boy especially during the summer time. We had a small hand held mixer that she used to whip up the whipping cream. I thought you would like to know this info. Pizza's were ordered by the management & we volunteers had a nice mid~day doing our duties. The pie all went & no one believed that I made this pie without an oven.
      Enjoy the rest of the day my friend Penelope.
      ~CASS.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm
      Livingwell
      Oh, I like the coconut idea! Now I just have to sell it to himself and hope he likes it.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: frick on January 25, 2016 at 2:39 pm
      frick
      livingwell, Being from Texas, I live and breathe pecans, as do the rest of the family, so it pains me to hear that. SO, I suggest you gild the lily with something else that won't disturb the fudging -- like dried cherries, dried apricots (admittedly changing the effect), or even coconut. Otherwise, you, and he, are destined to live on chocolate alone. A fate you may be willing to accept.
      Even though I would not do this myself, disliking coffee, a dab of espresso powder would not be out of line. I just remembered when I would make a quick boiled chocolate/sugar/butter glaze, I would add a guesstimate tablespoon of rum (just poured from the bottle). That is GOOD.
      But if chocolate is to be enjoyed alone, just make it good chocolate, and a lot of it. πŸ™‚
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 25, 2016 at 2:22 pm
      Livingwell
      Frick, I saw several online recipes, too, including the one from "Southern Living". I don't live in the south, but I love that magazine and just renewed my subscription. I've had Texas sheet cake before and loved it, but have never made it. Himself has requested no nuts in the frosting, though.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: frick on January 25, 2016 at 11:54 am
      frick
      You would think I had made this a lot but not so, having lost my SIL's recipe, and having moved on to other things. When I made it last fall for a local teen organization, I pulled a recipe off the internet, actually one from Southern Living, which seemed a good enough source. I didn't have the right size pan and made it in one smaller than stated. It rose up far too much in the center, was a freaky monster. I didn't downscale the batter thinking I wanted a LOT of cake. Next time will be in the right size pan. NYR: do it right the first time!
      BTW, it is all about the frosting, er, fudge. It's fudge! That's all you need to know.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 25, 2016 at 7:13 am
      Livingwell
      Tell them it's a new recipe called Texas Brownie Cake and see if they can taste the difference - haha!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on January 24, 2016 at 6:23 pm
      Mike Nolan
      I start work on the frosting just before the cake comes out of the oven, the cake needs to sit for a few minutes before you pour the frosting on. I haven't measured it precisely, but I think the surface of the cake and the frosting should both be about the same temperature--around 130 degrees--when you pour the frosting on. The frosting should be hot enough to spread around easily.
      If you do it right, when the frosting cools it should takes a lot like home made fudge.
      Some of the people at my wife's office keep referring to my Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake as brownies. πŸ™‚
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm
      Livingwell
      Thanks for all the helpful hints, Mike! I've had Texas Sheet Cake, but have never made one myself, so this is a first for me. That's good to know about the frosting. I was wondering how I was going to time it being done and still pourable if the cake needed to go another minute or two.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on January 24, 2016 at 5:47 pm
      Mike Nolan
      Over the years, I've made that recipe in everything from an 8x8 pan up to a 17 x 21 pan (which took a double recipe.) I also made a 'blond' version of it recently using Lyle's Golden Syrup instead of cocoa powder.
      One of the professors at my wife's department is a former chef, he has praised this recipe numerous times. Every time they have some kind of pot luck at the office, he asks my wife if I'm making a Texas Chocolate sheet cake.
      Here are a few things I've added to the basic recipe:
      Instead of flouring the pan after buttering it, use cocoa powder.
      Use a little more cocoa powder than the recipe calls for in both the cake and the frosting.
      When making the frosting, it needs to boil for several minutes. You're essentially making a fudge.
      I keep the frosting on a very low heat setting to make sure it's warm when spread over the cake.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm
      Livingwell
      Thanks, Mike! I don't have a 10X10 pan, so will try the 11X7 pan and keep my fingers crossed. I'll also keep an eye on the bake time.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mike Nolan on January 24, 2016 at 3:32 pm
      Mike Nolan
      I make a half-recipe (using this recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/od/chocolatecakes/r/bl10731d.htm) in a 10 x 10 pan. Works great, though I do make a full recipe of frosting, because we like it thick.
      With a smaller pan it will probably take less time in the oven, I generally bake it until it pulls away at the edges, as the toothpick test doesn't seem to be very helpful with this cake.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on January 24, 2016 at 2:21 pm
      Livingwell
      Thanks, Ron!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: RonB on January 24, 2016 at 2:01 pm
      RonB
      15 times 10 gives you 150 sq inches. Divide that by to and you get 75 sq inches. You 11X7 pan will give you 77 sq inches, so you will be fine with that pan ~ Ron

Kidpizza's No Bake Cherry Pie
      dachshundlady
      Here you go Kiddo, just type out those instructions here. Unless it's a secret recipe! ????
      badge posted by: dachshundlady on December 08, 2015 at 7:38 am in General discussions
      share on: Twitter, Facebook
      Subscribe to: This post
      REPLIES TO THIS DISCUSSION
      Save
      Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save" to activate your changes.
      reply by: bakeraunt on December 11, 2015 at 5:58 pm
      bakeraunt
      Chocolate and blueberries go well together....
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on December 11, 2015 at 5:32 pm
      Livingwell
      Thank you for the quick answer, KidPizza! Even though I made a major grocery run the other day so I wouldn't have to go shopping again until after the first of the year, I just decided today to make your pie for our New Year's Eve dessert, so will have to make a quick trip the beginning of next week to get all of the ingredients. I described the pie to himself and he thinks it sounds good, too! I will buy Cool Whip to accommodate his lactose-intolerance. It doesn't taste nearly as rich as real whipped cream, but if it means the difference between using it and him not having dessert, I'll buy the Cool Whip. We just bought a lovely prime rib roast for our New Year's Eve dinner and your pie will make a great dessert to our meal! Thanks again for sharing your recipe! "Penelope"
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KIDPIZZA on December 11, 2015 at 5:06 pm
      KIDPIZZA
      LIVINGWELL:
      Good afternoon my dear friend. Penelope use whichever one you like. It all tastes good because it has sugar in it. As for size 8, oz will be more than enough. You may have enough for a 2nd go around.
      Lets us know how you like it. Oh yes Penelope, you can try Blueberries next time. I do not know how it goes with choco, but let us all know if you try it.
      Enjoy the day my friend.
      ~CASS.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on December 11, 2015 at 4:09 pm
      Livingwell
      KidPizza, I am planning on making this for New Year's Eve dessert for himself and me, but am confused about the whipped topping. Does the 8 oz. of frozen whipped topping mean Cool Whip or the can of Reddi-Whip whipped cream? Since himself is lactose intolerant, I use Cool Whip whenever real whipped cream is called for, but I want to make sure I buy the right size. Thank you! "Penelope"
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: bakeraunt on December 10, 2015 at 9:31 am
      bakeraunt
      This will be a great recipe for those last minute desserts--and also perfect for hot weather when none of us wants to turn on an oven. Thank you, Kid Pizza!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: buttercup on December 10, 2015 at 9:00 am
      buttercup
      Thanks for sharing another great recipe Cass. Hope your feeling well,
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: lennycubfan on December 10, 2015 at 3:11 am
      lennycubfan
      Thank you Kidpizza!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KIDPIZZA on December 10, 2015 at 2:58 am
      KIDPIZZA
      LENNYCUBFAN:
      Good morning. Yes, choco bar is acceptable like Hershey's milk choco. I used a dark choco bar pieces from Trader Joe's market it was from a European firm.
      Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day.
      ~KIDPIZZA.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: lennycubfan on December 09, 2015 at 4:37 pm
      lennycubfan
      That sounds delicious. One question, what is chunk of choco, is that a brand? Can I use some other chocolate bar if I can't find it?
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: dachshundlady on December 09, 2015 at 3:18 pm
      dachshundlady
      Thank you so much. I love chocolate and cherries. With those two ingredients, the total is always better than the sum of its parts. I might even use a chocolate store bought crust!
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Livingwell on December 08, 2015 at 6:44 pm
      Livingwell
      Thank you kindly for the recipe, KidPizza! It looks super yummy and easy! Cherries and chocolate - yum! It probably won't be until after the first of the year when I will have enough time to make it, but it is on my short list of new recipes to try. First I have to make your tapioca pudding! That's on my schedule for this week-end and himself can't wait, as it is one of his favorite desserts. I'll let you know how it turns out for me. Thanks again for the pie recipe, my friend! "Penelope"
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: KIDPIZZA on December 08, 2015 at 1:28 pm
      KIDPIZZA
      BAKERAUNT, LIVINGWELL,& Mary~Ann:
      Good morning Ladies. I am going to post the "CHERRY~CHOCO no bake pie recipe for you.
      This is for a 9,in pie. You can use your own pie crust if you like but I used a store- bought one made from Graham crackers. The essence of this recipe is that there is no fuss & no baking getting it done quickly does make this recipe appealing.
      COMES NOW:
      Large marshmallows..................................10,...................2.5,oz
      Milk.............................................................1/4 cup + 1.5,TBLS...2.375,oz.
      chunk of choco............................................Candy bar......2,75 oz
      1, can of cherry pie filling....................................................21, oz.
      1, 9, in Graham cracker pie crust or your choice
      1, container of REDDI WHIP frozen whipped topping ..........8, oz can
      In a sauce pan place the first 3 ingredients & heat them up on a low flame to medium flame stirring so as not to scorch your sauce pan.
      COOL completely.!!!
      Fold about 3/4 cup of topping into the mix & blend in & make it smooth. Now pour this concoction into the pie crust.
      Cover & place into refridge for at least 30, minutes. When ready spill approx.enough of the can of cherries into the pie crust but not all of it withhold about 3, TBLS. it should be flush with the crust top surface or slightly below. Whenever you are ready to eat it spritz the frozen topping on top & make a design with a spoon for appearance. Refridge overnite.
      For myself I would cut a slice place it in my plate & then I would give a spritz smooth it out somewhat & eat it. Do what you think is best for yourself.
      . After you do this once you can begin thinking of other fruits like maybe blue berries, Banana,
      Pumpkin. Anyway I hope you will enjoy it.
      Mary~Ann, even if it was a secret recipe I would have given it to you...you know that.
      ~CASS.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.