Petra’s Cinnamon Stars (Zimsterne) by Petra (OBC)

Home Forums Recipes Petra’s Cinnamon Stars (Zimsterne) by Petra (OBC)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Petra's Cinnamon Stars (Zimtsterne)

Submitted by beachdee on February 09, 2011 at 1:36 am

Petra posted this recipe on the original Baking Circle on 11/23/2003. They were noted as being "CINNAMON STARS - GERMAN COOKIE (flourless - gluten-free)" Zimt = cinnamon, sterne = stars.
      Source: Petra on the old Baking Circle

Beachdee's Note: [Note: no ingredients/amounts were posted on the original recipe]

Whip egg whites to a peak. Sift powdered sugar and slowly add to egg whites. Set aside 3 tablespoons of egg whites to decorate cookies.

Add vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon and ground almonds.

Put dough into a plastic bag and roll out to about 1/4 inch. Refrigerate bag for about 15 minutes. Cut bag open. Cut out cookies with a 2 inch star shaped cookie cutter and transfer onto baking pan lined with parchment paper.

Brush cookies with egg whites.

Bake at 250 F for approximately 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 210 F and bake for another 30 minutes
      The brushed egg whites should remain white.

(approximately 40 calories per cookie).
      Tip: You can use ground hazelnuts instead of ground almonds
      c
      omments
      Submitted by beachdee on Wed, 2011-02-09 02:41.
      I have a screen-shot of the original recipe as it appeared on the OldBC. It does not give any amounts for the ingredients. Having eaten quantities of this cookie from a local bakery the winter we lived in Hamburg, Germany, I can say they are very tasty, look pretty, and are worth doing a look for a more complete recipe than Petra's if one desires to make them and are not willing to "wing it" with what is here. But I wanted to post this since it is one of the few recipes of Petra's that I know of, saved from the OBC.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.