Homemade Almonnd Paste by GinaG

Home Forums Recipes Homemade Almonnd Paste by GinaG

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Homemade Almond Paste
      Submitted by GinaG on January 13, 2013 at 2:22 pm

You'll swear-off commercial almond paste once you try this. It comes together within seconds in
      Source: GinaG's Family Recipe

For every 3-C of blanched slivered almonds:
      1 slightly heaped cup of granulated sugar, whirred in processor to create fine texture AFTER measuring.
      1 Large Egg White
      1-t Pure Almond Extract*
      *Do make sure the extract is made from bitter almonds

Process nuts until consistency of almond flour. Add sugar. Pulse until combined and sandy. Add whites and extract, then process until the dough gathers around the blade. Scrape down if necessary, then pulse until mixture is somewhat stiff.

Notes:
      Be careful not to over-load your FP bowl. If the paste is grainy, remove half from the bowl and process until smooth, then repeat with remaining paste. It should be perfectly smooth.

comments

Submitted by jsteppe29 on Fri, 2013-01-25 12:42.
      Thanks for sharing this recipe. I've been looking for a proven almond paste recipe for a while and all that I've tried so far have failed to impress. I can't wait to try it!

Submitted by GinaG on Fri, 2013-01-25 13:02.
      So glad to hear! Let me know if any questions come up!
      GinaG

Submitted by DobeLady on Wed, 2013-01-30 22:54.
      I'm not baking in large quantities as you are but since I don't care much for almonds, do you think in a coffee cake, danish recipe that I could do something similar with pecans instead with a tasty result?

Submitted by GinaG on Thu, 2013-01-31 13:58.
      Gee, your guess is as good as mine...If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

Submitted by DobeLady on Thu, 2013-01-31 22:52.
      Thanks, I got a good price on Pecans at Sam's after Christmas so they're in the freezer until I can decide which recipe to get fat on next- probably a cinnamon/yeast recipe with pecans!
      I have bought so many extras for baking and need to start restricting myself as I don't have that kind of space to keep buying more STUFF like almonds. Soon I will make the paste with pecans and let you know the outcome.

Submitted by GinaG on Thu, 2013-01-31 23:07.
      Have fun! 🙂

Submitted by janiebakes on Mon, 2014-01-20 12:40.
      Gina, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this recipe, it is excellent. I have experimented a little with it and found that if using raw egg white is concern, one tablespoon of glycerin (available from Wilton)is a fine substitute. thanks again.

Submitted by GinaG on Mon, 2014-01-20 15:59.
      Oh, Janiebakes, I'm so glad! Thank you for the positive feedback!

Submitted by Lynette Bakes on Sat, 2014-05-17 15:40.
      Thanks, GinaG, for this method of making your own almond paste. I've enjoyed using almond paste with my springerle molds as tops for cupcakes, but purchasing almond paste for those gets expensive quick! Not that almonds are inexpensive, but making it myself will definitely make it fresher. I was a bit concerned about the raw egg white, though, so I appreciate janiebakes suggestion of using the glycerine. Thank you both! I hope to make this soon.

Submitted by GinaG on Tue, 2014-06-10 20:34.
      Thanks, Lynette!

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.