1 pound butter
      4 cups sugar
      2 cups pineapple juice
      12 eggs
      8 cups flour
      4 tsp baking powder
      1 tsp salt
      4 cups white raisins
      6 cups mixed fruit ( I use about 4 cups mixed and then add extra red/green cherries, citron, pineapple bits to make up the difference, all from KA)
      1 quart pecans
      1 quart walnuts
      2 tsp nutmeg
      4 tsp lemon extract
      2 tsp mace.

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, mix. Sift flour and b.p., salt. Add alternately with pineapple juice, Dredge fruit with a little flour, throw in, add nuts and raisins.
      I mix the liquid in my kitchen aide and then mix it by hand in a very large bowl. Put into greased/floured pans. Bake at 300 until toothpick comes out clean. I use a wide variety of pan sizes in the oven at the same time. Some are done, the tiniest in about 20 to 30 minutes others take longer. Turn out of pans and let cool. In the meanwhile, cut up muslin that has been washed into appropriate sizes for loaves. Wrap loaf in muslin, douse with brandy and then wrap in heavy duty tinfoil. In about four days, do it again. Then again in about four days. The first time the brandy will soak in right away. The next time, not so much brandy and it takes longer to disappear. The first time maybe a tablespoon? After that not so much. I make these the day after thanksgiving for eating on the Christmas day. I douse them maybe five or six times?
      These are so good. People who hate fruitcake love these. Love judy

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.