Bread Board

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls Bread Board

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Hi, Skeptic. Yes, that board looks like the one I used for kneading bread for a number of years. I don't think that I would use it to roll out a pie crust directly on the board. My technique for pie crusts is to roll them out with a wide piece of parchment on the bottom and a wide piece of saran on top. I then flip it over and remove the parchment. I pick up the saran and flip it over into the pie plate, position it, then carefully remove the saran. If the crust needs to be refrigerated at that point, I use the piece of saran to cover it.

The back lip might get in the way of the rolling pin for me, as I use a long cylindrical pin.

aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Our kitchen has a butcher block so I use that for rolling things out when I'm in the house. I have a big cutting board that I use as a cutting board and for rolling out dough when I am using our outdoor oven outside. It was inexpensive from Bed, Bath, & Beyond and it's big. It sits on top of our refrigerator when not in use.

I had not thought about using silpats for kneading dough but at this point I do that in the big bowl I mix it in. I don't use my stand mixer because at 5 quarts, it is not big enough for most of the dough recipes I make. I like the bowl because I make less of a mess and there is less cleanup. I use a bowl scraper to fold the dough over on itself.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.