Banana Bread by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Banana Bread by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Banana Bread
      Submitted by cwalde on August 20, 2004 at 5:01 pm

I know that you will enjoy this wonderful banana bread. I have searched for over 20 years for one that is just like my Grandmother's and this is it! It has a great banana flavor and wonderful texture. I make it all the time. Whenever we have over-ripe bananas I freeze them one by one in my freezer in a zip-lock freezer bag till I get enough to make it. It works great with frozen or fresh bananas! I get many compliments on this bread. Cheryl

1 c softened butter
      2 c sugar
      2 t vanilla
      2 t lemon juice
      4 eggs
      5 ripe bananas (4 mashed, 1 coarsely chopped)
      1 t salt
      3 1/2 c flour
      2 t soda
      2 t baking powder
      1 c sour cream
      1/2 c chopped nuts

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, lemon juice and eggs. Beat well. Stir in mashed bananas (reserve chopped one).

Sift together salt, flour, soda, and baking powder. Combine with banana mixture.

Add sour cream, nuts, and the coarsely chopped banana. (Stir in by hand).

Pour into 2 greased 9x5" bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hour or till surface springs back when touched. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then turn bread out onto wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 2 loaves.

You can make this bread in well washed soup cans with the labels removed at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. This makes nice round slices for a Christmas tray. Enjoy!

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.