What are you cooking the week of June 24, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of June 24, 2018?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a thread for this week's cooking activities.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Today I cleaned out the fridge using leftovers to make lima bean soup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Prices on pork tenderloin have been excellent, so I am again making Maple-Glazed Pork Roast (Cooks Illustrated) with mashed potatoes, along with steamed green beans from the farmers’ market, for Sunday dinner--and dinner for the next several days.

Joan--What do you put in your lima bean soup? Ham? I have a vague recipe of my mother making such a soup. She adored lima beans.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
          • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
          Joan Simpson
          Participant

BakerAunt I use leftover dry lima beans,the meat that I've seasoned the beans is usually ham or ham hocks,if it's hocks I pick only the lean out for the soup.I use a little chicken stock with chopped up onions,celery,tomatoes and carrots.Boil that till the vegetables are done then throw in leftover lima beans
            and if I have cooked rice I add that and let this simmer just a little,seasonings is salt,pepper and a little garlic.We love lima beans and this is what I make with the leftovers.I only had about 2 cups of beans left but after everything is put in it makes a small pot.It's just me and my husband so I've cut way back in the amount of food I use to cook.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I spent the latter part of Monday afternoon making four jars of Black Raspberry jam.

chocomouse
              Participant

Last night we grilled country style pork ribs, with potatoes roasted on the grill with herbs from the planters on the deck and garlic olive oil, and a green salad. Tonight we'ew grilling on the smoker chicken thighs, with broccoli and a gemelli with veggies (store-bought, carrots, peas, corn, green beans, plus celery, onion, and green pepper) salad. I'm using up the last of the frozen soup veggies in the freezer. I mixed up a dressing for it using mayonaise, chopped garlic, French's yellow mustard, and some mustard labeled Dijon, which is very very dry, has little flavor, and is very thick with whole mixed mustard seeds.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight I baked a pork tenderloin,mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I cooking a pork roast for tonight's dinner.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For Thursday dinner, I made my sheet pan maple-glazed chicken and sweet potatoes with rosemary. We had steamed green beans (from farmers’ market) on the side.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: clarity
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made potato salad today, first time in several years. It was delicious. I used Yukon Gold potatoes for it.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I grilled chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing and we had a baked potato with that,plenty left for sandwiches.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

My husband and I cooked dinner together on Saturday night. He cooked two boneless pork chops, then cut them up while I de-glazed the pan and set aside the drippings. I stir fried snow peas (farmers’ market) and sliced mushrooms, then added the pork, and drippings. I mixed with soba noodles and added sliced green onion at the end.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.