Inflation and Girl Scout Cookies

Home Forums General Discussions Inflation and Girl Scout Cookies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

It looks like Girl Scout Cookies may be $6 a box next year. I remember when they were $2.50 a box.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I can remember they were 50 cents a box when I was a young girl and we walked door to door selling them .

BakerAunt
        Participant

Joan--I've been trying to recall what my Girl Scout troop sold them for in 1968 and 1969. It might have been 50 cents.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

This was in 1965 & 1966 my best friend and I walked our neighborhood knocking on doors..Thin mint was always my favorite.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Because we need another Girl Scout Cookie Joke:

https://www.gocomics.com/mother-goose-and-grimm/2024/05/23

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Lol!

RiversideLen
                Participant

A little girl scout from across the street rang my doorbell with her cookies in tow. Her older brother accompanied her, he must have been about 10 years old. He wasn't impressed with her sales pitch so he said to her, "Do it this way, I know how to sell because I've been doing it for a LONG time!" An old timer already at 10 years, it cracked me up!

navlys
                  Participant

I think the cookie company makes a lot more from the sale of these cookies than the girl scouts do. Whoever came up with this idea was a true business genius IMHO! I don't need the calories nor the guilt for not buying a box. I remember driving my daughter and her friend around knocking on doors. A lot of work on everybody's part.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

You make good points, Navlys. The first Girl Scout cookie sales, many years ago, consisted of troops baking their own cookies and selling them. At some point, it was commercialized, and it morphed from there into the large enterprise it is today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.