RiversideLen
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 28, 2020 at 9:09 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 23, 2020? #21729
I had a bison burger.
I knew this from watching Americas Test Kitchen when they did this to help potatoes brown for cottage fries. After they peeled and cut the potatoes, they placed them in cold water with some baking soda for a while.
February 27, 2020 at 8:24 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 23, 2020? #21716I roasted a nice salmon fillet yesterday that I got from Whole Foods. Had enough left for tonight.
Re streaming, I have a Roku (the least expensive one they offer) on 2 TV's and an Amazon Fire stick on another. They both offer the same and different content. And the offerings are different than what's offered on the smart TV streaming apps. I used to watch Netflix on the smart TV but when I got the Roku on it I starting using it instead. I liked the presentation better and found it more reliable. And then there are stations that you can subscribe to (besides Netflix) and there are also stations that you can get for free provided you also have them on your cable subscription. For example, Turner Classic Movies and many others. On the Amazon Fire I can get ABC and NBC, including live content, for free. CBS is also available including live content but for a fee. The Amazon Fire also has a web browser. So, it's six of one and a half dozen of another.
Nailed it.
February 24, 2020 at 9:04 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 23, 2020? #21599I made a pork roast yesterday. Leftovers today.
Mike, you have to have a hot dog or at least some bacon under all those toppings!
As a fan of melted cheese, this is one that I knew. I'm not real big on cheese, but when I have it, it has to be melted. Melted and lightly caramelized is even better.
My first instinct was to choose the correct answer for the obvious reason but then I remembered that a properly seasoned cast iron pan's coating should make it OK, so I picked the wrong answer.
They both look good to me.
February 20, 2020 at 12:52 am in reply to: What are you Baking the week of February 16, 2020? #21484I made a mug cake, a one serving cake that you microwave in a mug or cup. I used a Pyrex measuring cup. Not bad but not great. But easy. Not sure that I'll do it again.
February 19, 2020 at 8:24 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 16, 2020? #21480I made a small pork loin roast, had it with noodles.
That Challah is picture perfect!
I didn't know what the term was so I Wiki it. It's more than just a method of serving, the fish is harvested and dispatched in a way that is supposed to keep it fresh longer. While it is interesting, I am not interested!
February 17, 2020 at 8:50 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 16, 2020? #21423I roasted a salmon filet and had it with whipped sweet potato and Brussels Sprouts and carrots.
I made Lemon Blueberry Oat Muffins from the Quaker Oats site yesterday. I cut the sugar in half. For the topping I used 1/4 cup of loose pack brown sugar, not sure how that equates to the 2 tsp of firmly packed brown sugar the recipe calls for. I also used one whole egg instead of two egg whites as I only had a couple of eggs left in the carton. I made them in my KA mini cake pan that I use for my sandwich/burger buns. I also used buttermilk as I had a cup left in the bottle with a fast approaching best by date.
These muffins don't rise much at all as they contain more oats than flour. They came out pretty good, I like the way they taste and the texture. They have a nice crispy sugar topping that makes me forget the muffins themselves only had half sugar. They're not what I would call pretty, but I'll make them again.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files. -
AuthorPosts
